Thread: Messed up and ran BT4-Crystal mode can't go back.

Just burned his ISO

Default Messed up and ran BT4-Crystal mode can't go back.

So i was trying to get my internal wifi card to work in vmware version of bt4(which i found out you cannot do).So i tried it on a live disc and I wasn't able to get it to work. So i figured i'd try "bt4-crystal" and now i'm stuck in some sort of debug i-face mode. 2 things i'm interested in...

1.) putting the bt4 vmware back to "non-bt4-crystal" mode
    2.) getting my belkin 802.11g pci card to connect online any mode live disc or non. I can crack wep but can't connect to internet. This is weird...

What I've tried so far
    "ect/init.d/networking start" command "no such file"
    open shell "ifconfig eth1 up" this doesn't work either

Quote Originally Posted by techx View Post
    So i was trying to get my internal wifi card to work in vmware version of bt4. I tried alot of things on the forums that i read and I wasn't able to get it to work. So i figured i'd try "bt4-crystal" and now i'm stuck in some sort of debug i-face mode. 2 things i'm interested in...

1.) putting the bt4 vmware back to "non-bt4-crystal" mode
    2.) getting my belkin 802.11g pci card to work in any mode

What I've tried so far
    "ect/init.d/networking start" command "no such file"
    open shell "ifconfig eth1 up" this doesn't work either

Seems however to be working on bt3 live disc
    1.)don't know how
    2.) VMware DOESN'T work with pci cards. Install backtrack on your hdd, it's the only way.

The answer to #1 is here in the forums. As for #2, I'm still waiting for the flashing banner at the top of the page....

Just burned his ISO

i'm running into is on the live disc i can crack wifi. But i can't connect to the internet.. Whats the deal?

Just burned his ISO

So most people have told me to search the forums for answers.(So I did and...) I found someone who had the same problem as me. But the solution was never revealed. Here is a linkhttp://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...light=wireless to someone having my exact problem. Except my account didn't get banned for being a noob. I can send/recieve packets via live disc and crack ssid's fine. But when trying to connect using wireless asst. I get connection failed. I've tried multiple commands "ifconfig eth1 up" Tried increasing the time out ect.... I'm using a belkin 802.11g card pci. I have both a linksys wrt400n and a netgear wgr614 both work fine. I can crack them without issue. But i cannot connect to the internet through them...

Just burned his ISO

going to a friends house tomorrow to see if it works on his belkin router. Maybe its a router issue.

Ok at first the other person wasn't banned for asking questions but for illegal activity.

Second you should read the forum rules and how to ask the questions in a proper way in order for people to be able to help you.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

I'm sorry, did i do something wrong? I'll review the rules and forums again to try and solve whatever i did that is wrong. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
    Edit( I see what i did wrong now thank you for the email Kmdave it won't happen again)

here is how i connect to my netgear router with a wep key...

iwconfig wlan0 mode managed essid BiGMaC key 1234567890

dhclient wlan0

i have asked the same question along time ago about flux and startx... purehate answered it but i dont remember... i had to delete a file, i dont remember the location or its name... sorry

Developer

rm .xinitrc && startx