Thread: BT4 Problem loading desktop on Vmware from ISO

trefayne

Default BT4 Problem loading desktop on Vmware from ISO

Hello...

When I load the BT4 ISO image into Vmware Workstation 6.5, it boots up until the screen where the white logos appear and then it goes into into a black screen and hangs when the boot process tries to load the desktop. I still have mouse functionability just nothing to click on inside the VM.

I'm using an HP laptop with Win XP, and I've had problems with the KDE desktop when loading ISO's from BT3 and also trying to load Ubuntu, and it seems the only way I can get any Linux apps to load on Vmware is by using an existing VM and not an ISO image . Any help will be much appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by trefayne View Post
    Hello...

When I load the BT4 ISO image into Vmware Workstation 6.5, it boots up until the screen where the white logos appear and then it goes into into a black screen and hangs when the boot process tries to load the desktop. I still have mouse functionability just nothing to click on inside the VM.

I'm using an HP laptop with Win XP, and I've had problems with the KDE desktop when loading ISO's from BT3 and also trying to load Ubuntu, and it seems the only way I can get any Linux apps to load on Vmware is by using an existing VM and not an ISO image . Any help will be much appreciated .
    You're using the Linux 2.6 kernel when setting up a new VM? How are you setting up the VM's? Since it's happening on multiple ISO's it seems to be a configuration issue.

Quote Originally Posted by trefayne View Post
    Hello...

Did you try installing the vmware version instead of the ISO?

trefayne

I'm using the Other Linux 2.6 option when setting up the VM.