Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to : start Network

Just burned his ISO

Default How to : start Network

Ok I am totally new to this Site and also to the linux operating System ,I have Installed BT4 last night and wasted 1 hour to find where do I connect to the Internet ,

i am Using LAN so Finally I got it ,and I want to Tell those who are totally not familiar with this OS ,
    You will have to Command :

Code:
    Sudo start-network
    to Start Your network

Although its not the problem for the professionals like others than me here on this Forum ,But It really annoys If Some one Install the BT4 after wasting his 1 hour ,And he have to waste his Another hour to just to Start his Network ,

I dont know If its the right place to put this Small Command ,
    If not ,I apologize and request You to move it to right place ,

Thanks

rojoloco47

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

just add it to start up before startx

nano /root/.bash_profile
    [hit enter then type]:
    start-network
    [hit ctrl+x then confirm by pressing Y, then enter]
    this is easy as it gets...the network will be started auto. after u log in. So you wont have to worry about nothin.

To stop it just go to menu > services > network > network stop
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for this Boss

Just burned his ISO harbormaster's Avatar

You are the man! Thanks for your courtesy, Very refreshing!!
    Unlike those insecure individuals who know LINUX but want to keep it exclusive by not wanting anyone else to enter their "secret club"!

Quote Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
    Unlike those insecure individuals who know LINUX but want to keep it exclusive by not wanting anyone else to enter their "secret club"!
    lol, well i have no problem givin a user detailed steps, because this is Linux and detailed information is needed much as possbile if you're stuck, but this is to a certain degree.

@harbormaster
    Its not about keeping secrets, they do this because, they want everyone to learn how to search for a problem on thier own before asking, instead of asking for help for each problem you run into.

(But i agree some errors and problems require detailed help and they lack on this, sorry but google doesn't always give the right answer)

Easy things like this could of also been searched on the forum or googled, but i didn't really care how easy the step was. One day ill need help and i would want some one to at least try and help me. Everybody was once a noob so..it is was it is.

Im not one of those stereo types, thats is very advance with BT/linux that bashes people in the head for being new. Some advanced users forget that they're advance to the point they expect a noob to know everything they know, and that goes on alot here, but im passed that cuz i know i catch on quick and im a very fast learner if im pointed in the correct direction instead of being directed away from the actual source.

sorry for the long novel reply, i just wanted to get something off my chest.

Ah you found out about the secret club eh? The meetings are on Tuesdays and Fridays. The Friday's meeting is a little more relaxed and dressed down, Hawaiian shirts are acceptable. Bring your own beer.

I think the miss-understanding is this is BackTrack forum, not a Linux forum. The OP was having an issue that could of been found on Google pretty easily. I know it's frustrating sometimes, especially when starting out, but you have to remember your question more than likely has been asked by someone else before you (and more than likely will be asked again after you).

A good place to start off if you are new to BackTrack: Up and Running Backtrack 4 - Offensive Security

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    I think the miss-understanding is this is BackTrack forum, not a Linux forum. The OP was having an issue that could of been found on Google pretty easily. I know it's frustrating sometimes, especially when starting out, but you have to remember your question more than likely has been asked by someone else before you (and more than likely will be asked again after you).
    yes this is tru, i learned this the hard way by not receiving any reply's in threads..lol my laziness has gotten better over the month by being on this forum. Now i know why guys on here are strict about searhcing for problems first before asking... other forums i used to be on was never this strict. ty BT FORUM !

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Ah you found out about the secret club eh? The meetings are on Tuesdays and Fridays. The Friday's meeting is a little more relaxed and dressed down, Hawaiian shirts are acceptable. Bring your own hacktop
    LMAO

Also there are tons of guides already up for these types of things In about 5 seconds of using the handy dandy search tool I found about 3. Haha.
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

google search: auto login back track

1st link on page took lesser then 5 secs for me...haha

but this is not our fault, some people don't know how to use google to ts full advantages..

Google Hints:
    "How" to "autologin backtrack"
    "Howto" "autologin" "backtrack"
    "How" "to" "autologin" "backtrack"
    "How" to "autologin" "backtrack" "forums.remote-exploit"

if people could of play with google using these example strings...i bet it would be lesser useless questions..idk maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    google search: auto login back track

1st link on page took lesser then 5 secs for me...haha
    Show off
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast