Thread: Having Problems Allready..

Just burned his ISO

Default Having Problems Allready..

Hey Guys,
    I have just installed BackTrack 4 pre final to my hdd installation went fine... but with the account made during the setup i cant run anything? how do i become the root? i tryed

su root and toor for the password, it just says authorization failure, is this because i have set one up? how do i add a root?

there are already tonnes of tutorials on this, please search and you will find what you need.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

I almost feel like just leaving a google link in almost every newbie thread.

I already have a thread about the same thing being I was used to bt3, I've seen about 8 others since I posted that thread. Helping people sux when they don't know how to search.

Seriously, with everything I know, I could have made other 1,000 threads asking question or just search the info myself. So since I know how to use the search function I have only made 6 threads asking for help and it was things that have not ever been answered in these forums...even for noobs.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking until you do suck seed. --Curly

Quote Originally Posted by EliteState View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I have just installed BackTrack 4 pre final to my hdd installation went fine... but with the account made during the setup i cant run anything? how do i become the root? i tryed

su root and toor for the password, it just says authorization failure, is this because i have set one up? how do i add a root?
    Just remember/look up how Ubuntu works an you'll be fine
    Auswaertsspiel

Quote Originally Posted by EliteState View Post
    Hey Guys,

One simple command holds the answer:
    Code:
    sudo
    Try it out, see how it works.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    One simple command holds the answer:
    Code:
    sudo
    Try it out, see how it works.
    spoonfeeder alarm!
    Auswaertsspiel

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    spoonfeeder alarm!
    Well yes, it was a bit of spoonfeeding, but I left out some detail on how sudo is used. The OP will still have to put in some minimal effort to figure out how to do what they want...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.