Thread: I Need Help Installing BackTrack 3

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down

I had received a copy of Back Track 3 a few months ago and I am now starting to get some what familiar with it. I have decided that the best way for me to get a better relationship with Back Track I have decided to install it onto my system. The problem is though, I do not have too much space available on my master drive to partition the space required, I do have barely enough but not as much as I will probably need. The thing is, I had inserted a slave drive. I want to dual boot Back Track with Windows XP. Windows is on my master drive, now I want Back Track and all installs, updates, etc. to be on my slave drive so that I will have plenty of space to fool around with Back Track. How do I do this? I have searched afar for ways to just even install Back Track on the hard drive but I just can't find the best ways to do it. I only have the Live CD version of Back Track but want it to run from my slave drive. How?

I have placed a slave drive on my system so that I may dual boot WinXP and Backtrack. The thing is though is I do not want back track on the master drive. I have backtrack to have it's own hard drive for max space for everything. How do I make this work? I am starting to get used to Back track but want to establish a closer relationship by installing backtrack. I have the Live CD but I don't want to run live, I want to run off the hard drive. how do I do this?

Download bt4 pre final. It is a lot better and has many more improvement. If your are unable or incapable to d/l bt4pf for yourself then you should stop there bc bt4 or any linux distro requires an ability to learn. It is not easy for a noob and if you're just going to ask questions every step of the way then this is not the right forum for you.

Goto the ubuntu forum since bt4pf is based upon ubuntu 8.10. Most questions about anything other than hacking can be answered there.

Also, I recommend that you read the "Idiots Corner" section of this forum to understand what types of things not to say that will get you banned. Too many people are too dumb to read the rules of the forum before they agree to it.

Learn to research on your own. Your qyestions would have already been answered if you searched it first and you would have found out that bt4pf was your better bet than bt3. Stop wasting your time with bt3 unless you have a specific reason for using it, but being that you are a noob then I doubt you do.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking until you do suck seed. --Curly

you are going to have to install grub or use lilo

google grub
    google lilo

see which one you are more comfortable learning

Just burned his ISO mr-swaggmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timcki View Post
    you are going to have to install grub or use lilo

google grub
    google lilo

see which one you are more comfortable learning
    i recommend lilo for bt3
    D-Day 2012 fact or fiction

I recommend BT4. It's modern, more effective & easy to install.

And, in the future, think twice before double posting. May be you have time to post same thing hundred times, but we don't have time to read them all.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein