Thread: injection not working on battery

Just burned his ISO

Default injection not working on battery

Hi guys,
    I'm using BT3 on my notebook HP pavilion with linksys wusb54gc v1 wifi card
    with rt73-k2wrlz drivers version 2.0.1. Everything works fine on AC mode. But if I unplug the power cable the packet injection is no longer working. (testing it with aireplay test mode). Actually the notebook is running slower on battery.
    Any idea how to fix this power problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancerbg View Post
    Hi guys,
    with rt73-k2wrlz drivers version 2.0.1. Everything works fine on AC mode. But if I unplug the power cable the packet injection is no longer working. (testing it with aireplay test mode). Actually the notebook is running slower on battery.
    Any idea how to fix this power problem?
    Try installing rt73-k2wrlz drivers version 3.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancerbg View Post
    Hi guys,
    with rt73-k2wrlz drivers version 2.0.1. Everything works fine on AC mode. But if I unplug the power cable the packet injection is no longer working.
    Hmmm not completely related but I noticed the other day that my IBM T42 would only maintain a WPA2 wireless connection if it was actually on AC power. I think this becomes an issue of rx/tx power and proximity to the AP. When on battery power if I move into the same room as the AP it's ok, but if I'm out of that room it won't connect properly. Weird... The battery is probably 5 (or more) years old so a new one might solve the issue but it's a work laptop and out of warranty so I just kinda deal with it's quirks.

Is it really only injection you're having problems with or is it all things wireless?
    Actually the notebook is running slower on battery.
    It probably has SpeedStep or something similar, you should be able to disable this in the BIOS though it may kill your runtime when using the battery.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.