Thread: tried psnuffle?

Hybrid View

prowl3r

Default tried psnuffle?

Giving a try to MAX's psnuffle. Working fine, ruby spanking one core (100% cpu load).

Code:
           =[ msf v3.3-dev
    + -- --=[ 397 exploits - 246 payloads
    + -- --=[ 21 encoders - 8 nops
           =[ 181 aux

msf > db_destroy
    msf > db_create[*] Creating a new database instance...[*] Successfully connected to the database[*] File: /root/.msf3/sqlite3.db
    msf > use sniffer/psnuffle
    msf auxiliary(psnuffle) > set interface mon0
    interface => mon0
    msf auxiliary(psnuffle) > run[*] Auxiliary module running as background job
    msf auxiliary(psnuffle) >[*] Loaded protocol FTP from /pentest/exploits/framework3/data/exploits/psnuffle/ftp.rb...[*] Loaded protocol IMAP from /pentest/exploits/framework3/data/exploits/psnuffle/imap.rb...[*] Loaded protocol POP3 from /pentest/exploits/framework3/data/exploits/psnuffle/pop3.rb...[*] Loaded protocol URL from /pentest/exploits/framework3/data/exploits/psnuffle/url.rb...[*] Sniffing traffic.....
    However msfconsole seems to lock here, no further commands accepted. Tried Ctrl+Z but session quits instead of going to background. Using an Alfa in monitor mode with rtl8187.

Am I slow today?

For me work good it gets ftp and pop3 logins also get requests of sites i didnt spend much time on this sniffer. Only to see how it works as Max show in his video. I think it will also work if you arp poisning another client on another computer on same gateaway and get his credientials, will try tomorrow!

Yes it works arp poisning victim on another computer and running psnuffle on another laptop it gets creditenials and ftp logins also good thing that it makes difirrence between fail and correct login while ettercap doesnt.

prowl3r

Thank you for testing.

So, once you get it sniffing traffic, are you still able to type commands (db_hosts, db_services, ...) ?

No i wasnt able to type it but i get logins of me and victim. When i try to type any coomand its like screen is freezed. But if i login he show logins then again but i wasnt able to write any command.

Had you any luck to get creditenials?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Sounds like a good excuse to use msfcli instead of msfconsole gentlemen
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

prowl3r

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome-geek View Post
    Had you any luck to get creditenials?
    To be honest I did not continue the test after I saw I could not check the database. I will let you know after second round.

Sounds like a good excuse to use msfcli instead of msfconsole gentlemen
    Well I do prefer cli rather than gui for most apps, however my single neuron could easily experience a buffer overflow after a hard msfcli session