Thread: USB Wifi Adapter 500mW + 5dBi antenna (Chipset :Realtek 8187B + 8225) compatible?

Just burned his ISO

Hi all,

h t t p :// w w w .cdrwinkel.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&taal=en&newsletter=317&newschs=22f97cad&pr oduct_id=4620&category_id=d4e9562b22ff0479248d9f56 155dc5f0&newsexref=578&product_id=4620
    I'm very interested in buying this wlan usb adapter.
    The description says it is compatible but I was wondering what they mean by compatible... will I have to tweak some settings or will it work with all the backtrack wep hacking tools out of the box?

I tried a lot of different things to get my 4965AGN working (injection fails), now I gave up all hope and i'm going to order a usb wlan interface.

If someone has a better wlan usb adapter in mind you can allways give me your advice, it will be much appreciated!

Thank for your support fellow remote-exploit friends!

Cheers.

Hi all,

h t t p :// w w w .cdrwinkel.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&taal=en&newsletter=317&newschs=22f97cad&pr oduct_id=4620&category_id=d4e9562b22ff0479248d9f56 155dc5f0&newsexref=578&product_id=4620
    I'm very interested in buying this wlan usb adapter.
    The description says it is compatible but I was wondering what they mean by compatible... will I have to tweak some settings or will it work with all the backtrack wep hacking tools out of the box?

I tried a lot of different things to get my 4965AGN working (injection fails), now I gave up all hope and i'm going to order a usb wlan interface.

If someone has a better wlan usb adapter in mind you can allways give me your advice, it will be much appreciated!

Thank for your support fellow remote-exploit friends!

Cheers.

Just burned his ISO

im also interested in picking this wifi adapter up so if anyone has had any luck with it - would be interested in hearing about it.

I personally wouldn't recommend realtek rtl8187b chipsets, there has been reports every now and then of failures and success, in fact more failures than successes.

I would however, recommend alfa awus036h or equivalent, it has to have realtek rtl8187l chipset. This chipset has been around longer than rtl8187b, may not be as full featured but you will have more support compared to the likes of rtl8187b. I do not have any wireless dongles that has rtl8187b but I think the way packet injection were to work on such devices are different from rtl8187l.

P.S.: The device should work in backtrack4 pre-final, it will not work in backtrack 3 because of the driver required. However realtek rtl8187l has injection support since backtrack 2 and will work fine on latter versions of backtrack.