Thread: Learning basics

Just burned his ISO

Default Learning basics

Hi, I was reading the linux newb sticky thread and realized it was based on BT2, which uses slackware, so I was wondering what exactly in Ubuntu I need to learn about to become proficient with BT4. I've never used linux before. I'm sure I can easily figure out manuevering my way through the interface and the most basics aspects of it. But what specifically do I need to learn before proceeding with BT4?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seven- View Post
    Hi, I was reading the linux newb sticky thread and realized it was based on BT2, which uses slackware, so I was wondering what exactly in Ubuntu I need to learn about to become proficient with BT4. I've never used linux before. I'm sure I can easily figure out manuevering my way through the interface and the most basics aspects of it. But what specifically do I need to learn before proceeding with BT4?

Thanks.
    Download Ubuntu and play around with it. For that matter, pretty much any mainstream Linux distribution.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Oh alright then, I figured it implied there was something more important or complex about linux I needed to know (such as something equivalent to DOS). Guess I'll go ahead and start studying back|track 4, thanks for clarifying. Peace!

Also learn basic commands of unix to learn how to do things from command line.

Ubuntu + unix then backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seven- View Post
    Oh alright then, I figured it implied there was something more important or complex about linux I needed to know (such as something equivalent to DOS). Guess I'll go ahead and start studying back|track 4, thanks for clarifying. Peace!
    You could also try and read The Linux Cookbook

Just burned his ISO

Fantastic, thanks