Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have router access can i spawn shell?

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    I think, he wants to get a shell from another box that is attached to the router, not from the router itself.
    That was my interpretation as well.

And to the OP, I would start with (once you are on the nextwork) using a vulnerability scanner or manually port scanning. You can take it from there.

P.S. Depending on how financially sound you are, this is covered pretty well in the Offensive-Security "Pentesting With Backtrack" course!

For a moment I thought that the router was his target. Well if you still have access to this router (or with ARP poisoning) you can do a MITM attack and have the target execute some malicious code - see evilgrade.
    I have the card in me head, but you have the memory problems?

Just burned his ISO

Hey fellas wanted to say thanks for the quick response. And you were correct i'm seeking shell access to my other laptop on the network.I was busy with a couple women this weekend so I didn't get a chance to test it. I broke everything down because i thought no one was gonna respond. So sometime this week i'll set everything up again and try the vul scans described as before. As far as the mitm or what not. I'm not familiar with it. Is it a metasploit payload?

LOL@ Linc. I loved the response.That would be a pretty sufficient crack alright. Needless to say I am familiar with the rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by techx View Post
    ... I was busy with a couple women this weekend so I didn't get a chance to test it. ...
    Good for you. Hopefully, no shots are needed in the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by techx View Post
    ... As far as the mitm or what not. I'm not familiar with it. Is it a metasploit payload?
    MITM = "Man In The Middle". It's a generic term for anytime you have a computer, device, or application that captures (or sometimes alters) data between two communicating computers (or even networks.)
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Thorn summed up the MITM pretty well, I would only add that if you forum search there have been numerous threads and How-To's on this topic.

Just burned his ISO

i appreciate the concern for my protection. Mitm; i was not familiar with the acronym. I do know arp poison which is what you're referring to. I'll be reading tonight on mitm topics. Thanks for the push in the right direction guys. I really do appreciate it. I'll try to give back to the community here whenever i have the chance.

Just burned his ISO

ok just an update. I've moved my focus to something else instead. Right now i'm having trouble connecting to the internet through either of my 2 routers. Here is a link to my post http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...t-go-back.html After i resolved these 2 issues. I'll be back on track to attempt Mitm attacks. Btw i baught a netgear to fool around with too. I like them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12