Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airolib question

Just burned his ISO

Default airolib question

so i am currently batching a 12 mb file that has about 1 million different words.

# airolib-ng yep --batch
    Computed 75000 PMK in 1314 seconds (57 PMK/s, 175000 in buffer).

Its been honestly like a half hour and im only at 75000 PMK's?

Its only a 12mb file why does this take so long?

How 'fast' is your CPU or GPU? Is the instance of BT virtualized?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

It takes so long because there is a significant computation value to the hashing process used to generate the tables.

A faster CPU, combined with some decent GPU's and a program called "pyrit" will make you drool. If not that, you can distribute your load to other machines via pyrit - without needing a GPU.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by redhotfire View Post
    How 'fast' is your CPU or GPU? Is the instance of BT virtualized?
    i have a 1.8 dual core cpu and a built-in crappy intel 994 graphics card with 256kB or onboard RAM

i can use pyrit to transfer the load over my network??

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justfresh View Post
    i can use pyrit to transfer the load over my network??
    That's what I said.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    A faster CPU, combined with some decent GPU's and a program called "pyrit" will make you drool. If not that, you can distribute your load to other machines via pyrit - without needing a GPU..
    I'm in disbelief.... I have to look into that.

I've read that this feature is severely limited by bandwidth of the network

Quote Originally Posted by MixIt View Post
    I've read that this feature is severely limited by bandwidth of the network
    Correct. However, I believe pyrit's author has removed the network functions in his latest release. I just glanced over his google code page and I do not see it mentioned as having returned.

Fact is, if you really want to accelerate WPA cracking, you need to get your hands on some serious hardware. That means you beg/buy/borrow some nVidia or ATI graphics cards and devote the box to nothing but WPA. There's now way around it: You gotta pay to play.

Of course alternatives exist. Search around and you will see at least 2 projects where someone has placed their WPA cracking box online, allowing you to submit your 4-way.cap file to be cracked. But let's not abuse the privilege - they do so at their own pleasure, and could cut it off at any point.
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
    Correct. However, I believe pyrit's author has removed the network functions in his latest release. I just glanced over his google code page and I do not see it mentioned as having returned.

Fact is, if you really want to accelerate WPA cracking, you need to get your hands on some serious hardware. That means you beg/buy/borrow some nVidia or ATI graphics cards and devote the box to nothing but WPA. There's now way around it: You gotta pay to play.

Of course alternatives exist. Search around and you will see at least 2 projects where someone has placed their WPA cracking box online, allowing you to submit your 4-way.cap file to be cracked. But let's not abuse the privilege - they do so at their own pleasure, and could cut it off at any point.
    got any links to such a thing?

Here is one.

lunix.izfree.com

I know pureh@te was talking about setting up his own. I'm not sure if it's publicly available yet. Here is the link to that thread

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/gen...a-cracker.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast