Thread: wifi not working on usb but works on live disk..?

Just burned his ISO

Default wifi not working on usb but works on live disk..?

Hello i'm trying to figure some stuff out. As i am no used to linux i'm having some trouble getting everything working properly. So i load up my live disc and everything seems to work fine wifi ect... it automatically configured itself.
    But when i try to run the usb version of BT3 i can't get lan or wifi to work. I'm not sure the process. Its prolly a driver thing. But i was stunned when I put the live disc back in and everything worked fine... Any clues or perhaps a tut to setting up usb version of bt3 final wifi and lan. Some sort of auto detection script is really what i'm looking for. Since i will be using the drive on multiple pcs.

Why are you using bt3? Which brand/model of wireless chipset you have? Have you tried bt4pf?

Just burned his ISO

I'm having trouble getting logged into bt4 so i just went back to bt3 final. I'm sure its an easy fix. I read a couple articles on log in info for bt4 but maybe i missed something. Rather new to linux. BTW the wifi card i am using is belkin 802.11b/g i'll have driver details and model number tonight when i get off work. I just don't understand why it works via live disc and not usb. BTW is wifi configuration easier on bt4? maybe i just need reread a tut on wifi configuration or something. I appreciate you taking the time to help me man. Glad this community here is that way. Its always hard joining a new forum without being ultra flamed. So for that i'm grateful.

Just burned his ISO

had the same problem..solution:

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/newbie-area/25936-strange-wifi-problem-bt3-bt4-using-usb.html