Thread: Airodump Channel Hopping

Just burned his ISO

Default Airodump Channel Hopping

Ok so i have googled the S*** out of this one visit they wiki for airodump and everything. My problem is even with Network Manager off etc and no connection to the internet at all i still hop channels even when i use the following command:

airodump-ng --bssid [bssid] --channel 6 -w [filename] -o ivs mon0

it dumps fine however it continues to rifle through the wireless channels even though its set to channel 6.

I successfully cracked one WEP key, then i tried again and this happened. I restarted and same thing it wouldn't go away.

So my question is what exactly am i doing wrong? i even disabled the services for the wifi utility and everything.

Its an intel wireless card built into my hp5250ca laptop.

Its clearly my first post but i promise you i have tried everything i can find and it still hops channels

thanks for reading
    JF

Edit: sorry for double post i wrote this one then read the rules and it said i could only post in the newbie section so i figured that is why it hadn't been added to the forums yet. :S

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justfresh View Post
    Edit: sorry for double post i wrote this one then read the rules and it said i could only post in the newbie section so i figured that is why it hadn't been added to the forums yet. :S
    Yeah I suppose that if you would have read those pesky rules when you signed up (which is like the first step) you probably would have known that.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

doesn't really help me solve my issue but thanks for showing interest O.o

Just burned his ISO

I have to say that i added an additional wireless card and it resolved my issues completely. With one card connected to the internet the other card wouldn't need to hop channels.

Quote Originally Posted by justfresh View Post
    Ok so i have googled the S*** out of this one visit they wiki for airodump and everything. My problem is even with Network Manager off etc and no connection to the internet at all i still hop channels even when i use the following command:

airodump-ng --bssid [bssid] --channel 6 -w [filename] -o ivs mon0

it dumps fine however it continues to rifle through the wireless channels even though its set to channel 6.
    Are you also starting the card on channel 6?

ex:
    Code:
    airmon-ng start wlan0 6

Just burned his ISO

no i wasn't starting it on 6 because i wanted to scan all channels for all ssid's then lock it down after with
    airodump-ng --bssid [bssid here] -c 6 -w [file name] -o ivs mon0

okay what you do:

Scan with
    Code:
    Airodump-ng mon0
    or something like that
    then you choose your AP, note the channel + the bssid, and then STOP the Search

then simply

airodump-ng -w whatever -c whatever² --bssdi whatever³ mon0
    www.myownremote.blogspot.com

Try bringing wlan0 down before putting the card into monitor mode or scanning.

ifconfig wlan0 down
    airmon-ng start wlan0

Sometimes the card will continue channel hopping if you don't take wlan0 down first.