Thread: Where to start with what needs to be added!

Just burned his ISO

Default Where to start with what needs to be added!

I just installed BackTrack and found that everything is vastly outdated even after apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade. Because of outdated libs and other dependencies, I can't even update some of the main programs that come with BackTrack such as WireShark.

Things like GNOME, KDE, GTK+, etc should all have the latest, stable versions in the repositories so installation of 1 program won't take several hours to find all the missing dependency files.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCoolSideofthePillow View Post
    I just installed BackTrack and found that everything is vastly outdated even after apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade. Because of outdated libs and other dependencies, I can't even update some of the main programs that come with BackTrack such as WireShark.

Things like GNOME, KDE, GTK+, etc should all have the latest, stable versions in the repositories so installation of 1 program won't take several hours to find all the missing dependency files.
    You sound like you're volunteering for something.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    You sound like you're volunteering for something.
    I'm having a hard enough time trying to get everything to work correctly D:

Installed, from source, every dependant file I needed for the newest GTK and everything was going good until I finally got to where I could install GTK and now it's telling me it doesn't have the X libs and most of the apps already installed no longer work (like Synaptic).

Developer

Well then I guess you will have to wait on the repo to update.

On the bright side it makes me more comfortable with the new ubuntu base daily, do to the fix ups

or maybe think about if you really need the newest version... There's no point in wasting time to be up to date and not using it then
    Auswaertsspiel