Thread: Ubiquiti SR71-C (Cardbus) with ath9k Drivers

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Ubiquiti SR71-C (Cardbus) with ath9k Drivers

Had some time today to use the recently purchased Ubiquiti SR71-C with the ath9k drivers. Set up my "honeypot" Belkin b/g AP with a long WEP key and used Gerix-WiFi-Cracker's "ChopChop" . Everything worked, although the process seemed to be a little fussy at times. Don't know if it was the Belkin "honeypot" or the card. Having to make several "false AP authentications" before getting a "good" small packet to use for creating the ARP packet was the norm. Monitor mode and injection works.

Reconfigured the Belkin "honeypot" with WPA2-AES(only), injected a deauth after connecting to it with a WiFi card in my desktop, and immediately captured a WPA handshake. As the laptop doesn't have graphics that can fully leverage on Pyrit (with Cuda or ATi-Stream), it's taking a while to work the ESSID PMKs at about 350 per second.

The Belkin "honeypot" AP I use for testing is a cheapie b/g, so I wasn't able to make any runs against an 802.11n (only) system. May be able to do that in the next day or so using my meshed network spare "n" router . . . and set it up with "n-only" for some tests.

The results today, testing against a crappy b/g Belkin (usually runs as a "honeypot"), were surprising given what I had found about the SR71-C supposedly not supported by the ath9k drivers.

Bottom Line (for now):
    The Ubiquiti SR71-C work in b/g.
    John

Just burned his ISO

Default SRC Install

Hi,

I have an SRC card too. Can you please tell me how you installed this? my laptop also has an intel based card which installed with no issues but I am having problems to install the SRC using madwifi. The latest problem I have when running make is:

root@bt:~/madwifi-0.9.4-r4034-20090625# make
    Checking requirements... ok.
    Checking kernel configuration... ok.
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.29.4/build SUBDIRS=/root/madwifi-0.9.4-r4034-20090625 modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.29.4'
    /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.29.4/arch/x86/Makefile:41: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.29.4/arch/x86/Makefile_32.cpu: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.29.4/arch/x86/Makefile_32.cpu'. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.29.4'
    make: *** [modules] Error 2

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by el fungo View Post
    Hi,

I have an SRC card too. Can you please tell me how you installed this? my laptop also has an intel based card which installed with no issues but I am having problems to install the SRC using madwifi.
    . . .
    Didn't have to "make" or install anything. It worked with the ath9k drivers out of the box (they're part of BT4 Pre-Final).

-- John
    John