Thread: Backtrack on Nokia n900

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack on Nokia n900

Hi I'm new here...
    should any version of backtrack work on n900 (it will be out on sept.2)
    -here is some unofficial info:
    What you see above is Nokia’s Maemo N900 tablet/mobile phone, if that even makes sense. The picture comes to us from mobile-review who also took the time to completely break down just about every aspect of the actual device.

Spec wise, we’re lookin’ at 32GB of internal storage, ARM Cortex-A8 CPU, microSD slot, microUSB port and TV-out. That’s about all we know about Nokia’s Maemo N900 as the device they got their hands on was just a prototype and not the final product.

No it won't work because arm chipset is a specific chipset, unless if you obtained all the sources asnd compiled to run under arm processor, its not possible. Furthermore, most of the tools are intel x86 specific codes which may have difficulties running under arm core.

imported_lordplagueis

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    No it won't work because arm chipset is a specific chipset, unless if you obtained all the sources asnd compiled to run under arm processor, its not possible. Furthermore, most of the tools are intel x86 specific codes which may have difficulties running under arm core.
    It will work I have pre final on my N810 but I have to boot from internal sd card, and it doent support packet injection, also my bluetooth isn't working either.

Just burned his ISO

I'm not happy to hear this, but thank you for useful answer!

- Did anyone get work backtrack on previous Nokia internet tablets ?(n810,800...).....(I don't know what CPU's have those got)

The processor on the N810 is a 400 MHz TI OMAP 2420. If memory serves the TI Omap is an ARM cortex core but I'm not sure.

Highly excited for the N900, and I will definitely try backtrack, or some pentesting apps on it when I get it.

Still if you want a small portable backtrack machine, the eeePC should be the way to go for now.

Pardon the doublepost but....

I have an N900. So far, aircrack-ng is already working on it, nmap is ported, and with an easy-debian install you can get even more apps. Currently trying to get metasploit to run on the thing.

Yes aircrack-ng has begun working on it is because of the wireless chipset wl1251 is being developed, but its still currently locked into channel 6.

Yes aircrack-ng has begun working on it is because of the wireless chipset wl1251 is being developed, but its still currently locked into channel 6.
    I know when we were trying to get kismet running on the n800 the wifi tools would take the adapter out of monitor mode. You'll probably have to figure out how to kill that process as well.

Just burned his ISO

The only thing that you can do is capture a WPA handshake from a client and crack it via dictionary attack.

I posted a video on youtube, if you want to see it search for "Nokia N900 and aircrack-ng".

At least one thing that works

just curious how did you get the wifi card into monitor mode? i keep throwing errors. i know this isn't backtrack related, and apoligize to the mods, i've been here long enough to know better, but i just got my n900 and am taking for a test drive to see how capable it is, and then i think i might start a sort of backtrack os for the n900.. kinda a bt4otg (on the go).

this just in metasploit on the n900 works, just install the ruby packages (make sure you get all of them), svn metasploit into the user directory and you're off. note:msfgui is not working due to a lack of ruby-gtk. but msfconsole is fine
    open source = open minds, human knowledge belongs to the world