Thread: Display Problem. Please help!

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Display Problem. Please help!

I've successfully installed BackTrack 4 in VMware. The default display is 800x600. When I change to my normal 1280x1024, then all the font increases in size. The display fits perfectly, but the font is huge.

Please help!
    Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dividebyzero View Post
    I've successfully installed BackTrack 4 in VMware. The default display is 800x600. When I change to my normal 1280x1024, then all the font increases in size. The display fits perfectly, but the font is huge.

Please help!
    Thank you in advance.
    I had the same thing. I don't know how to fix it in VMWare, so I just installed it to the harddrive for real.

If you can - start a few windows before you change your resolution. They will stay small after you change it. So if you are going to use terminals, open one - and a browser so at least those stay small after you change resolution. However, like you say, any new windows opened afterward will have giant fonts.
    *I'm a girl, not a guy. Why do I care? The same reason a guy would care if he was constantly thought of as a girl...*

Did you install to vm ware using the vm image or the iso cd?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by dividebyzero View Post

Please help!
    Thank you in advance.
    Have you installed "VMware-Tools" ?
    When installing VMware-tools you will be asked to choose your display settings.

Or try the "Virtual Machine Settings" in VMware for display settings.

Just burned his ISO

Have you tried changing the display size using xrandr rather than the gui option in the task bar?

I've only tried this a couple of times, but the change in font size seems a lot more acceptable.

Failing that... looks like it'll be different xorg.conf files for each of the locations I boot up in

After charging res, cant you change font size ?
    :cool:
    Alienware M17x - Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300
    Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M GPUs
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB