Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kernel 2.6.30.5

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by The Savage Killer View Post
    I'd rather have someone from the dev team tell me why he or she wouldn't want to implement a new kernel rather than have a couple of unrelated people speculating about things they don't know and talking on behalf of others. If you don't know for sure, just be quiet, you don't have to run in and start throwing around the words "maybe" and "may have". There's a 2 day gap between the release date of the backtrack .4 kernel image and that of the .5 linux kernel btw, so it wasn't what you guys are saying, a pick of the .4 because there's some hidden purpose behind it. If they're going to do more work compiling the drivers against the .4 kernel before they release the packages, they might as well just work with the .5 kernel!

Why did you guys had to group up and oppose as if you had blood ties with .4 and i insulted it, no clue!
    Well I am on the dev team.......

Just burned his ISO

Okay, but you're not against the suggestion since you asked them why they'd rather have .4 than .5 right?

Developer

Okay, but you're not against the suggestion since you asked them why they'd rather have .4 than .5 right?
    I am asking you if there is a specific reason which you can use to persuade me and the others to implement the .5 kernel other than "Its newer, cooler and shinier". What some of the others are trying to tell you is that or kernel is heavily modified and heavily patched so sometimes one kernel will work better that another. Simply upgrading because its newer is not something we do. Now upgrading because of a kernel exploit in the wild or a new option for better hardware support is a reason to upgrade and we have tried to do that as quickly as possible. I think what the other guys are trying to say is that you maybe unaware of the amount of work that goes into the backtrack kernel. So once again is there a specific reason or reasons you can give why .5 is better than .4?

Just burned his ISO

Talking

I didn't exactly argue that the kernel was not modified nor patched, I argued with those who said that you preferred .4 over .5 while it was just a 2 day release time gap.
    Since you don't really care about the release notes, which are basically the definition of an update's reason, I give up .

Developer

I didn't exactly argue that the kernel was not modified nor patched, I argued with those who said that you preferred .4 over .5 while it was just a 2 day release time gap.
    Since you don't really care about the release notes, which are basically the definition of an update's reason, I give up .
    So what you are saying is that there is no reason for .5 other than the fact that it is the newest? I see.

Just burned his ISO

5 is also my lucky number.

Hahahahahahaha!!! Damn it, Dew stings when it comes out your nose!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

And you get mad at us. We tried to help you understand the reasoning behind a decision that is made, and the best you can come up with is a lucky number.
    Amazing.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I'm a lost cause, let it go.

I would watch who you smart off to. Lol.
    "If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of combat, #2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast