Thread: BT4 Live DVD

Default BT4 Live DVD

I am running BT4 off Live DVD, which is great, but as I have only got 4 gig of RAM I struggle to use any files over 2 gigs.
    I thought I could use my sda disks but when I direct an app' such as Aircrack to a storage medium I get no such file or dir' found. Is this me just being a newb or is this a limitation of the live DVD. ~Should have listhened and gone for the persistent USB option? As I have an 8 gig stick would I still have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by {LCD}STELIOS View Post
    I am running BT4 off Live DVD, which is great, but as I have only got 4 gig of RAM I struggle to use any files over 2 gigs.
    I thought I could use my sda disks but when I direct an app' such as Aircrack to a storage medium I get no such file or dir' found. Is this me just being a newb or is this a limitation of the live DVD. ~Should have listhened and gone for the persistent USB option? As I have an 8 gig stick would I still have the same problem?
    This is because you have not mounted the devices that you want. Live CD loads itself into RAM, using it as a storage. It is not using any hard drive or flash drive yet.
    Code:
    mkdir /device # Make directory to mount to.
    fdisk -l #Lists devices
    mount /dev/{device} /device
    Don't type in the comments starting after the #. =P

Thougt it would be my mistake as usual lol, I didn't think that I needed to mount any drives as they were visible and accessable in Konquer.
    Wicked thanks for your help mate. I think linux is great, wish I didn't have to use windows at all but alas its almost impossible as every thing is geared towards it

Quote Originally Posted by {LCD}STELIOS View Post
    Thougt it would be my mistake as usual lol, I didn't think that I needed to mount any drives as they were visible and accessable in Konquer.
    Wicked thanks for your help mate. I think linux is great, wish I didn't have to use windows at all but alas its almost impossible as every thing is geared towards it
    It is viewing it in Read-Only mode, most likely. Not 'ever' thing is geared towards windows, only what your looking at. You most likely find any windows-based application made for *nix.

red