Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    BackTrack Information Security Distribution
    2.6.30.4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Savage Killer View Post
    2.6.30.4 lol
    You don't like it, use Ubuntu.

By the way, how much you donated lately?

Just burned his ISO

Is replying to you even relevant? I just put in a request; what's the point of this sub forum if the OS is on a "**** off if you don't like something" basis? I don't want my thread to turn into a flame war please, and it's just a simple package request which would do everyone good, thank you.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Is replying to you even relevant? I just put in a request; what's the point of this sub forum if the OS is on a "**** off if you don't like something" basis? I don't want my thread to turn into a flame war please, and it's just a simple package request which would do everyone good, thank you.
    One has to remember that the kernel is specifically configured for the purpose of the distro itself. As such the "bleeding edge" may not always be available.
    There is probably a good reason that the kernel that is posted by Barry above is being used.
    There remain two option in the mean time, one roll your own, or two pay muts and the other dev's to install the kernel you want.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Since they haven't released anything yet, Why would the dev team work with the .4 release when the .5 is out? I'd love to see one of those probably existing reasons.
    Also, yes, the obvious solution of rolling my own kernel is out there; I'm sorry for even suggesting the new kernel to you guys, honestly, my bad. wtf? lol

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Since they haven't released anything yet, Why would the dev team work with the .4 release when the .5 is out? I'd love to see one of those probably existing reasons.
    Also, yes, the obvious solution of rolling my own kernel is out there; I'm sorry for even suggesting the new kernel to you guys, honestly, my bad. wtf? lol
    Damn dude take it easy. I will break it down for you again.
    The kernel is tweaked by the dev team for the purpose of the distro, as such there may be a reason that they chose to go with the revision number they did. Not to mention by the time the .4 was tested and integrated the .5 might have came out. Not sure on the timing, but that is not important. So the next time you want to make a request, feel free to do so. No one is stopping you or telling you not to. However there may be reasons why they (dev team) do not include said request.
    Or maybe Mut's just wants you to get mad and deal with an older kernel.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

I'd be interested to know why exactly you would rather have .4 than .5. List the reasons specifically and please do not insult me by copy & pasting the release notes.

EDIT: s/rather have .4 than .5./rather have .5 than .4

I meant the question for the OP who wants .5

Just burned his ISO

I'd rather have someone from the dev team tell me why he or she wouldn't want to implement a new kernel rather than have a couple of unrelated people speculating about things they don't know and talking on behalf of others. If you don't know for sure, just be quiet, you don't have to run in and start throwing around the words "maybe" and "may have". There's a 2 day gap between the release date of the backtrack .4 kernel image and that of the .5 linux kernel btw, so it wasn't what you guys are saying, a pick of the .4 because there's some hidden purpose behind it. If they're going to do more work compiling the drivers against the .4 kernel before they release the packages, they might as well just work with the .5 kernel!

Why did you guys had to group up and oppose as if you had blood ties with .4 and i insulted it, no clue!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast