Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Paros without user-agent modification

  1. #1
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default Paros without user-agent modification

    Is there any chance of getting a version of Paros in the repositories which doesn't append "Paros/<version>" to the end of the user-agent string? This appears to be allowable under the Paros license agreement.

    At the moment I modify the source and compile my own as per the instructions at the link below:

    Security Ripcord » Paros Proxy

    Certain web sites block access to clients that present this in the user-agent header, making it hard to use Paros to troubleshoot web content filter issues on those sites (for example when a content filter you use on your local network blocks access to the remote site).
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  2. #2
    fastboi
    Guest

    Default

    Did you try searching Google? I found useful information about it within the space of about 22.75 seconds...

  3. #3
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastboi View Post
    Did you try searching Google? I found useful information about it within the space of about 22.75 seconds...
    Whilst I appreciate your attempt at humour, especially considering Lupin's comment in your other post - you are flat out wrong and an idiot besides.

    I second lupin's request for this particular paros feature.
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  4. #4
    fastboi
    Guest

    Default

    I love how staff members can get away with calling other users various names. Instead of being role models, you guys act opposite. This is probably only one place on the web...

  5. #5
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastboi View Post
    Did you try searching Google? I found useful information about it within the space of about 22.75 seconds...
    Little testy about my post here are you?

    And yes I did try searching Google. Thats how I found the reference to how to manually modify Paros to remove the user agent change it makes. If you had actually read my post you would probably have noticed that.

    In my case however, Google didn't provide any indication that BackTrack already includes a version of Paros that makes this change. And that was sort of the point of my post. Again, you might have been able to tell that if you had actually read it.

    Next time, if you're intending to make smart assed replies to get back at someone, try and make an effort to have them make sense. Otherwise you just end up looking stupid.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  6. #6
    fastboi
    Guest

    Default

    Again, you might have been able to tell that if you had actually read it.
    That's the problem, i am not good at English, and partially illiterate.

    Next time, if you're intending to make smart assed replies to get back at someone, try and make an effort to have them make sense. Otherwise you just end up looking stupid.
    Once again calling regular forum users stupid, do no good for this forum. How ever, been here for a while, so i am not surprised anymore...

  7. #7
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastboi View Post
    That's the problem, i am not good at English, and partially illiterate.
    So maybe you shouldn't be responding to posts that you don't understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by fastboi View Post
    Once again calling regular forum users stupid, do no good for this forum. How ever, been here for a while, so i am not surprised anymore...
    I don't make a habit of calling people stupid, but your comment above wasn't exactly well thought out.

    Anyway, I have no desire to have a flame war here, so I apologise for calling you stupid.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

  8. #8
    Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Crystal Wind
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Anyway, I have no desire to have a flame war here, so I apologise for calling you stupid.
    As do I. I do, however, ask that you try not to be snarky because someone like lupin gives you some pointers for posting in the forums. I've never met him personally but he is one of a very small number of senior members (of which I am, regrettably, not a part) who contribute a wealth of knowledge to these forums.

    Your lack of understanding of English should not be considered a barrier either - I personally can converse in a number of different languages that I am only passingly familiar with and not end up sounding... any other way than I mean to. There are online translators galore.
    Still not underestimating the power...

    There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

  9. #9
    fastboi
    Guest

    Default

    So maybe you shouldn't be responding to posts that you don't understand.
    Maybe, you should not tell me what to do... this is a free world, we do have freedom of speech, ain't we?

    Anyway, I have no desire to have a flame war here, so I apologise for calling you stupid.
    Your apology accepted... have a good day.

    @ Gitsnik

    Well, all they do is make fun of newbie members, they make sarcastic jokes and etc, because in real life, they can't do, being a 5'1, 120 pounds nerd, you simply can't afford to pick on anybody. Actually, these guys are the victims in real life. Bullied all life, so all they have left is... tough internet talk. But yeah, if you call that wealth of knowledge... let it be.

    I am done. Once again good luck with Paros modification.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator lupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    As do I. I do, however, ask that you try not to be snarky because someone like lupin gives you some pointers for posting in the forums. I've never met him personally but he is one of a very small number of senior members (of which I am, regrettably, not a part) who contribute a wealth of knowledge to these forums.
    Thanks for the kind words.

    Quote Originally Posted by fastboi View Post
    Maybe, you should not tell me what to do... this is a free world, we do have freedom of speech, ain't we?
    Yes, and part of the price for freedom of speech is being accountable for what you say and being able to stand by your comments and defend them from criticism. If you cant deal with your ill considered comments being exposed to ridicule, then don't make them publically.


    Quote Originally Posted by fastboi View Post
    Well, all they do is make fun of newbie members, they make sarcastic jokes and etc, because in real life, they can't do, being a 5'1, 120 pounds nerd, you simply can't afford to pick on anybody. Actually, these guys are the victims in real life. Bullied all life, so all they have left is... tough internet talk. But yeah, if you call that wealth of knowledge... let it be.
    I see. I had a vague feeling that your comment here may have been a veiled threat but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

    Now I see this and I know for sure. Threats of physical violence? Thats just pathetic. Really.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

    The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •