Thread: Viewing Files [Help]

Just burned his ISO

Default Viewing Files [Help]

Hi, I have posted this on hack-forums but no one has helped. This guy in bt autopwn'd someone ect and when they was in they could view there files in shell konsole, it said like C:\windows\system32 when he explored on victims pc.
    i use VMware mainly and how could i just view my files if i turn my firewall off ect. thanks.

Well it is standard proceedure.

Looks like the only person able to help you is yourself. Start to do some more research.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

why cant you help me? is it possible to do?
    if so would if be somewhere in these forums?

We can't help you because you don't even bother to search yourself.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

and how could u possibly know that?
    i have searched, obviously not the right keywords...
    what category(s) does this come under?

if someone else can help me, please post. KMDave please don't bother posting as a lot of your posts are unhelpfull, cockey and pointless.

My posts are going into the right direction. Just because I am not presenting you the answer on a silver plate and spoonfeed you they are not pointless.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by Halfhigh View Post
    Hi, I have posted this on hack-forums but no one has helped. This guy in bt autopwn'd someone ect and when they was in they could view there files in shell konsole, it said like C:\windows\system32 when he explored on victims pc.
    i use VMware mainly and how could i just view my files if i turn my firewall off ect. thanks.
    There are a lot of "how do I hack" style questions on this forum, and you will find that many of them receive the same responses, generally along the lines of what KMDave has already told you.

Your question is too general for us to give any sort of reasonable answer, and this is probably because you don't have enough of a grounding in the subject matter to ask a good question. You need to do some reading and get some hands on practice before you understand these things a bit better and so you can ask better more meaningful questions.

Start off by looking around the forums for tutorials that interest you which you can attempt, and then read up on related subjects so you can gain an understanding of whats going on. And if you have specific questions on things after you have made a reasonable attempt at it yourself, please come back and ask.

Be aware though, most everyone on this forum wont be willing to spoonfeed, so make a decent attempt to do your research first before asking questions and make sure your questions reflect the fact that you did search first. This involves saying more than just "I searched" but also saying what you searched for, what suggestions didn't work and what you learned by searching.

@ Everyone: Ive seen this type of question a fair bit on the forums here - do we perhaps need a "How do I learn security" sticky? If I wrote something like that would anyone else see value in it? Do we already have a thread that fulfills this purpose - I searched for it I swear
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    @ Everyone: Ive seen this type of question a fair bit on the forums here - do we perhaps need a "How do I learn security" sticky? If I wrote something like that would anyone else see value in it? Do we already have a thread that fulfills this purpose - I searched for it I swear
    The whole dang forum is full of those types but as we notice the noobs are unwilling to search. I think the ones in the newbie section are still relevant and contain a lot of advice if those that need it would just take the time to read it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    The whole dang forum is full of those types but as we notice the noobs are unwilling to search. I think the ones in the newbie section are still relevant and contain a lot of advice if those that need it would just take the time to read it.
    Yes, you're right, I put on my newb hat, dumbed down my Google-fu, and found some good references on the forum here on my second search without having to know any insider terms.

Its not all in one spot, and you do have to overlook the occasional thread with humorous 'hatchet' references, but its not that hard to find.

Have a look at these OP:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/spe...e-browser.html
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/tut...o-threads.html
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.