Thread: Dell Latitude D531 boot errors. (media errors)

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell Latitude D531 boot errors. (media errors)

Hi and greetz from The Netherlands,

For a little while now I've been using BT4 to my great satisfaction. I've been able to use the tools to audit my own network and amend the wholes I found. Many thanks for that.

I have poked around in linux off and on for years, but am still a total n00b.

One of the things I havn't been able to get fixed are the MANY errors I encounter during the boot. Buffer i/o errors, media errors etc. Though at the end of the rain of errors, I do get a prompt, I can start my GUI and the things I use seem fine. The video, the sound, my network interfaces, USB...
    Seeing as how the errors take aprox. 3minutes, I would love to get rid of them and boot nice and clean and quickly.

I use: BT4 pre release DVD iso on live USB(UNetbootin). MD5 checked OK.

I made a video showing the boot containing many errors (sorry for the quality):Youtube search code: NuvpnDdPiuk.

All advise and or tips in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!

Try installing backtrack on VMware or Virtualbox. Or download the VMware image version of BT4 pre final.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for your reply. I would really rather fix the problem as apposed to using a workaround.

I hope somebody can enlighten me on fixing this issue.