Thread: 8187b injection??

Just burned his ISO

Default 8187b injection??

ok, so i am not quite sure if the injection is 100% supported with realtek 8187b.. i found on the net one test that shows if injection of your card is supported or not. Its a command AIREPLAY-NG -9 wlan0

i typed that, when i am connected to the internet it says injection works, found 1AP (my router).. when i am not connected to the net, it founds 4 other AP but says NO ANSWER!!!

what i am trying to do is crack a wep key using aireplay command to use arp attack and speed up packets capturing, but no succes with aireplay..i have to wait long time to catch lot of packets..

Injection support should be supported in backtrack 4 for that chipset. Have you tried your luck searching on aircrack-ng forums?

Just burned his ISO

hi, thanks for replay

i searched aircrac forum but found nothing about my chipset.. anyway, i think, that when i type aireplay-ng -9 wlan0 and theres sometimes injection works, i hope that injection supports is supported in BT4.. ive got some problems with crackign wep, especially with ARP attacks..i hope i will sort them out, if not, i will ask..

Quote Originally Posted by noodles222 View Post
    hi, thanks for replay

i searched aircrac forum but found nothing about my chipset.. anyway, i think, that when i type aireplay-ng -9 wlan0 and theres sometimes injection works, i hope that injection supports is supported in BT4.. ive got some problems with crackign wep, especially with ARP attacks..i hope i will sort them out, if not, i will ask..
    Reply, aircrack, there's, I've, cracking... Please use spell check before you post.

I have a rtl8187b, but I've never tried it out in bt4 pre final (now I use a zd1211). In bt4 beta it rarely injected successfully. I've just tested it in bt4 pre final and it seems like it can't inject. Airodump can't even get any beacons from the network (bug?). Maybe if you try patching the drivers... Do your research. Tomorrow I'll try it out and I'll get back to you as soon as I have the results.

Just burned his ISO

i can get bacons from airodump but injection behaves very strange - sometimes it works sometimes not.. i will wait for your results.. thanks

Can't manage to make injection work in BT4 pre final. But I've already changed my system's drivers, so my problem should be different than yours. My advice, try installing ieee80211 stack drivers. Follow this link. Or you can buy yourself a new wireless device.

Snayler: That link would only be useful if noodles222 had Realtek RTL8187L instead of Realtek RTL8187B which he has now.

There was supposedly Realtek RTL8187B ieee80211 stack dependent support driver known as r8187b but that driver is in current status so I dunno whats the progress or if theres any injection capabiltiies on such driver.

It is recommended however to use rtl8187 driver which is the one that relies on mac80211 stack.

More information:
    r8187b [Aircrack-ng]
    rtl8187 [Aircrack-ng]

noodles222: I think you need to be fake authed into a router in order to inject, it might be the same issue with my intel pro/wireless 2200b/g so give that a shot. I personally do not own that device so I can't tell.