Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Backdoor an OPN AP

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    Long story short. Since remote tools don't come with the ability to get inside a box using this exploit, combine bt+a remote tool, and you're in business, easy as pie. I will be using this method for work purposes fyi, when im at work.
    no, no, and no. Sorry but both of you are wrong. Im trying to learn how to do the backdoor method, also use this method to access "MY COMPUTERS" not my job computers...(my job will have nothing to do with this, i will be using BT on my personal computer while at work, if you wanted to know)
    Why are you doing this at work at all if you only want to access your own machines? Are you taking two of your own computers in to work?

Even if it is only your own machines you are accessing while at work , you should still be seeking permission from your network administrator before connecting a BT system to the work network or using the work network to transfer attack traffic between your own PCs.

i ment to say im trying to learn bt backdoor method not bt period..
    <snip>
    ...keep getin misunderstood.
    You're getting misunderstood because you're not being clear about what you want to achieve. "Backdooring" a system is something you do after you already have access to a system, so you can gain access again easily in future. It has nothing to do with gaining that access in the first place, and its generally only a term used in the context of illegal hacking. Theres also no specific BackTrack method of backdooring (as contrasted with the non-BackTrack method of Backdooring).

A legitimate way to go about gaining remote access to systems is using remote administration tools, thats why others in this thread have been suggesting that to you. Those tools usually work in similar ways to backdoor tools anyway, with the only difference being that backdoor tools usually try and hide themselves a bit better.

So what is it specifically that you want to do? Do you want to learn how to gain access to other systems connected to the same wireless network as your BT system?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    So what is it specifically that you want to do? Do you want to learn how to gain access to other systems connected to the same wireless network as your BT system?
    This is what i want to do, point blank, dont mind the other stuff i was mentioning..since its getting everyone confused.

I want to to gain access (backdoor) to a computer (using BT) thats on a non-protected AP (which means it has no key to connect to it)

I don't want to use a remote tool which i mentioned X times...I want to use BT.

clear enough ?

Ok, maybe you should start to change your attitude, you are asking for help, not us.

Second there are enough hints around on this forum you should do a little research.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Ok, maybe you should start to change your attitude, you are asking for help, not us.

Second there are enough hints around on this forum you should do a little research.
    sorry, but i think you read my post the wrong way ?

No I think I read your posts quite well and also the way you said the stuff.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

well idk how u read it, but i think i know when i have a attitude or not and i wasn't having a attitude. (not to be rude but, you can't tell some one by the way they type, that they're in a attitude mood cuz this is how i type 24.7)

thats why i asked you if u read my post the wrong way, cuz obviously you did.

I was just trying to clear things up the best way i could.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

well idk how u read it, but i think i know when i have a attitude or not and i wasn't having a attitude. (not to be rude but, you can't tell some one by the way they type, that they're in a attitude mood cuz this is how i type 24.7)
    thats why i asked you if u read my post the wrong way, cuz obviously you did.
    I was just trying to clear things up the best way i could.
    Best would be not to argue with the moderators or anyone else really, since it is their help you are freely seeking and may freely receive.
    As for telling by the way one types: actually a lot can be gained from it.
    I went back and read the thread and see the same things that others have seen: Misunderstanding on your part to thoroughly explain what you are trying to achieve.
    If you are wanting to use some sort of "backdoor: then look for one on the internet and then learn to use it.
    BT really has nothing to do with the entire process.
    Not to mention I ( like others may) believe you are up to no good.

Don't bother responding to the above either it will only further my point.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

ok sorry...

This is what i want to do, point blank, dont mind the other stuff i was mentioning..since its getting everyone confused.
    There are reasons why we were asking about that other stuff, and why we still want to know it. First of all, we like to know the background about what a person wants to achieve so we can suggest a better way to go about it if we think that the method that they are trying wont be optimally effective.

And second, this forum gets a lot of visits from people who want to use BackTrack to illegally access other peoples computers and networks. We dont want to help these people commit crimes, and we are generally pretty clear about that. In response, some of these people tell elaborate stories in order to trick us into helping them. It doesn't often work, but that doesn't stop them from trying. Some of those extraneous details you provided (the ones that were "confusing" us so much) are making us think you are one of these people. This is mainly because the apparent inconsistencies between facts in your posts are exactly what appear in many of the fabricated stories we hear from people up to no good. We are giving you an opportunity to clear up those inconsistencies, and if you convince us that you aren't up to no good we will assist you.

And by the way, the way you wrote that seems to imply that its our fault for not understand you properly (and getting confused), rather than your fault for not communicating clearly. This is why we think you have an attitude.

I want to to gain access (backdoor) to a computer (using BT) thats on a non-protected AP (which means it has no key to connect to it)
    You're still using the term backdoor incorrectly, but I'll assume you were using it that way to clarify what you were saying before.

Anyway, you gain this access in the same way as you would gain access to a computer on a wired network. Its not really a topic that can be easily summed up in a single post, but Id suggest you start by looking at network service exploitation or password guessing - thats probably the most straightforward way to do it.

I don't want to use a remote tool which i mentioned X times...I want to use BT.
    You did mention it a number of times, and I understand you don't want to use remote tools. I was just explaining why everyone else was telling you to look at those tools.

clear enough ?
    You do realise saying that makes it seem like you're patronising us don't you?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

well this thread can be closed then since, im out of luck. i guess i wont be taught how to do it then. I guess ill have to keep lookin at that guys video to see what he did to do it. (the one where his wallpaper was blue, and he was using bt3 but had a bt4 wallapaper..thats made me lol tho.)

Thanks guys anyway for the recommendations.

ps- @lupin I just wanted to clear something else up, this method im trying to achieve will not be used for illegal activity, I already stated that, I will be using "my own computer with bt on it" and I will be gaining backdoor access to "my own computer(s) that are at home thats connected to my own AP".

I just wanna learn how to do 1 of the things bt was build to do. I mean they didn't add this exploit in bt for it just to sit there and not be used. imo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast