Thread: Best way to manage WEP and WPA keys

Just burned his ISO

Default Best way to manage WEP and WPA keys

I wander around a lot, and connect to a lot of wireless networks. What is the best way to manage all the networks and keys?

I am thinking of something that scans for networks and gives you a list of available APs, then lets you pick one and type in the key, then remembers it until next time you wander over that way.

Or just let me know what people that wander quite a bit like to use to get online quickly. This is all assuming I have the necessary key, or the AP is open.

Thanks!

DrEarp

How many wlans do you have access to or did you accquire access to them with BT?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by drearp View Post
    I wander around a lot, and connect to a lot of wireless networks. What is the best way to manage all the networks and keys?

I am thinking of something that scans for networks and gives you a list of available APs, then lets you pick one and type in the key, then remembers it until next time you wander over that way.

Or just let me know what people that wander quite a bit like to use to get online quickly. This is all assuming I have the necessary key, or the AP is open.

Thanks!

DrEarp
    I believe the best way is that grey stuff between your ears.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I believe the best way is that grey stuff between your ears.
    The device listed above is full, please delete some items or get a new device.

@OP what is the name of your OS?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Assuming the OP uses BT4 pre-final or another Buntu-based OS: wouldn't the ubuntu keyring be a great place to store the passwords?