Thread: mount usb

Just burned his ISO davewickett's Avatar

Default mount usb

i have backtrackt4 pre usb installed but when im in and i put a other usb in to use it will not let me mount it this is what it says

$LogFile indicates unclean shutdown (0, 0) Failed to mount '/dev/sdc1': Operation not supported Mount is denied because NTFS is marked to be in use. Choose one action: Choice 1: If you have Windows then disconnect the external devices by clicking on the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon in the Windows taskbar then shutdown Windows cleanly. Choice 2: If you don't have Windows then you can use the 'force' option for your own responsibility. For example type on the command line: mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdc1 /media/TGRecovery -o force Or add the option to the relevant row in the /etc/fstab file: /dev/sdc1 /media/TGRecovery ntfs-3g force 0 0

when i try the first way i get
    root@bt:~# mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdc1 /media/TGRecovery -o force
    $LogFile indicates unclean shutdown (0, 0)
    WARNING: Forced mount, reset $LogFile.
    fuse: failed to access mountpoint /media/TGRecovery: No such file or directory

any help please thanks
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by davewickett View Post
    i have backtrackt4 pre usb installed but when im in and i put a other usb in to use it will not let me mount it this is what it says

$LogFile indicates unclean shutdown (0, 0) Failed to mount '/dev/sdc1': Operation not supported Mount is denied because NTFS is marked to be in use. Choose one action: Choice 1: If you have Windows then disconnect the external devices by clicking on the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon in the Windows taskbar then shutdown Windows cleanly. Choice 2: If you don't have Windows then you can use the 'force' option for your own responsibility. For example type on the command line: mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdc1 /media/TGRecovery -o force Or add the option to the relevant row in the /etc/fstab file: /dev/sdc1 /media/TGRecovery ntfs-3g force 0 0

when i try the first way i get
    root@bt:~# mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdc1 /media/TGRecovery -o force
    $LogFile indicates unclean shutdown (0, 0)
    WARNING: Forced mount, reset $LogFile.
    fuse: failed to access mountpoint /media/TGRecovery: No such file or directory

any help please thanks
    dave
    Does the folder /media/TGRecovery exist? You cant mount to a non existent directory.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO davewickett's Avatar

Default usb

its ok because its only the one usb thats not mounting ill just put the stuff on a other usb backtrack must not reconize that usb that i have thanks anyway mate