- Download the BT4 Final ISO
- Install Virtual Machine Manager
Code:sudo apt-get install virt-manager
- Start Virtual Machine Manager
- Connect to localhost
Right Click localhost -> Connect
- Start New VM Wizard
Right Click localhost -> New
- Name the VM, and choose to install from "Local install media (ISO image or CDROM)"
- Browse to the location of the ISO
OS Type: Linux
Version: Generic 2.6.x kernel <- Very Important (see below)
- Choose Memory (RAM) size and number of CPUs.
- Check "Enable Storage for this virtual machine" and allocate a size now.
- Review and Finish.
Now, follow the normal install instructions for installing to a hard drive.
NOTE: There seems to be issues with trying to INSTALL to "Target bus = virtio". This seems to speak to the issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/517067, which implies that the problem lies in wrong values in fstab. However, I'm not seeing the disk device at all, unless I use Target bus = ide. This bug talks about the workaround: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...vm/+bug/279754, and basically says to install to ide, and then modify things accordingly and run from virtio.
Hope this helps.