Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now apache is hanging at boot.

Just burned his ISO

Default Now apache is hanging at boot.

Everything goes fine, and then apache hangs and sits there. If it's timed, it's longer then 5 minutes. If not, is there a way to get around it?

Edit: It's been sitting there for 10 minutes. The only way I can fix it is by going in through backtrack on my USB drive. So what to edit?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfox1 View Post
    Everything goes fine, and then apache hangs and sits there. If it's timed, it's longer then 5 minutes. If not, is there a way to get around it?

Edit: It's been sitting there for 10 minutes. The only way I can fix it is by going in through backtrack on my USB drive. So what to edit?
    All about Linux: Enabling and disabling services during start up in GNU/Linux

Just burned his ISO

Will that work if I go in through my usb drive version, as I can't get in to the one on the HD?

Edit: I tried. Nada. So either it doesn't work for usb, or the instructions are wrong.

Edit 2: Still nothing. I can't get in to the one on my hardrive, and the instructions don't want to work. Would I have to re-install?

reboot select recovery mode and try and do a package repair if that don't work try doing a repair from the root console entered from the same recovery menu the Debian instructions on the page linked to above do work. Ubuntu is a Debian based version of Linux so most Debian tutorials do work..

personaly I love this script below

Code:
    sudo apt-get install sysv-rc-conf
    Code:
    sudo sysv-rc-conf
    good luck

Dlradlt
    Just cause I don't have ten thousand posts don't mean I'm a newbie or a Idiot ! :cool: The only dumb question is the one you don't ask Google first! ;) The biggest problem I had as a Linux newbie was I didn't know to ask Google the right questions!:eek:

Just burned his ISO

I would have done it in root console at boot, but it won't accept the password. I'll try that though. Thanks.

Edit: So...uh...what's the root password?

I would have done it in root console at boot, but it won't accept the password. I'll try that though. Thanks.

Are you running it as a live cd or did you install? If you installed, root doesn't have a password, you have to give it one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Are you running it as a live cd or did you install? If you installed, root doesn't have a password, you have to give it one.
    well...then I'm screwed. I'm running the one I'm trying to fix off my HD. I can't fix it without a root password. I can't get into it without fixing it. Any thoughts?

Alright. I can't update. I can't do anything. Anybody have any ideas that might work? I can't connect to the internet because it needs to get farther along. I can't get into it because apache hangs. I can only get into it by using my portable BT4. Somebody say something that will help.

Did you assign one?

Just burned his ISO

I thought I did when I got everything installed. But I guess not.

have you tried su-do?
    Auswaertsspiel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast