Thread: How to install BT4 on backtrack 3 hard drive from a USB?

Just burned his ISO

Default How to install BT4 on backtrack 3 hard drive from a USB?

I have a computer, doesn't have a DVD drive, but I want backtrack 4 sooooo bad! It supports more network cards, and it's updated.
    So, how would I use my 16GB usb to install to a hard drive with back track 3 on it?

I've seen tutorials, but it's dual booting, and I dont want to install XP either.

1. Create a bootable USB version of BackTrack 4
    2. Install to hard drive using the install script on the desktop (BT4 prefinal only) or one of the many guides that are around
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

My USB will not boot up.

I have Backtrack 3 live cd, which boots in, but now none of my drives will work.
    interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume"
    member "mount" error name "unset)"
    destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

So, can I boot from BT3 then manually install backtrack 4?
    I followed a video on youtube, which will be the same thing as BT4, but when you have BT3 cd in, and you cp --preserve -R /{xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx..} I wouldn't know how to get those folders off my USB instead of my CD.

Please someone tell me steps to do this, I really need BT4 it looks so cool.