Thread: sendmail not working

siteprojects

Default sendmail not working

hello sendmail is not working, i tried to install postfix and it says i need to remove many usefull packages...

Any suggestion to make sendmail working will be appreciate

thanks

Just burned his ISO

same problem over here!

Just burned his ISO

You could try

nano /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
    comment out (or deletd) the following line's:
    DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
    /etc/init.d/sendmail restart

Just burned his ISO

well, i haven't got this line but there are some mentioning DAEMON_OPTIONS. should i comment all these? thanks for the reply!

What are you trying to accomplish? Is the mail or mailx binary not sufficient?

If you could elaborate on what you are trying to do I cna help.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

it just does not send e-mails. when i do service sendmail start it seems to work but when i send an e-mail it never arrives.

EDIT: when i run the exact same program on debian everything is working perfectly! so the script is ok!

anybody? i ve been searching for a few hours for a solution and still no luck!

Quote Originally Posted by k0niek View Post
    it just does not send e-mails. when i do service sendmail start it seems to work but when i send an e-mail it never arrives.

EDIT: when i run the exact same program on debian everything is working perfectly! so the script is ok!

anybody? i ve been searching for a few hours for a solution and still no luck!
    Don't post twice in a row, edit your previous post instead.

Regards your problem, have you checked that the sendmail process is running and that it is listening on the appropriate interface? On BT4 Beta it listens on loopback only by default.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

ok sorry about that! sendmail is running! but it is listening to loopback! if anyone has a quick fix for that please post otherwise i ll check it when i have time! thanks for the reply and sorry about doubleposting!

Quote Originally Posted by k0niek View Post
    ok sorry about that! sendmail is running! but it is listening to loopback! if anyone has a quick fix for that please post otherwise i ll check it when i have time! thanks for the reply and sorry about doubleposting!
    http://www.deer-run.com/~hal/sysadmin/sendmail2.html
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

finally sendmail was working! but my network firewall must have port 25 blocked! i tried it on another network and it works just fine! actually i was writing a program that uses sendmail and I really needed it! I ll share it with you as soon as it's ready. actually it will be my 1st program in linux and i have trouble with the makefile does anyone have a good guide? thank you! sorry for getting a bit out of topic!