Thread: Plz help with my experiment!

Just burned his ISO

Question Plz help with my experiment!

I have two computers on my home network. One is my home PC (1), an the other a laptop (2). I sucessfuly cracked the wep, then did it again after setting my router to wpa. I gained acces to my shared folders, over the network, an i'm able to drop whatever i wish onto pc 1. Now i want to execute the load that's on the pc 1. Right click, run as...windows xp user login pops up. I already know the pass, but i want to get the lm hashes, to properly gain access to pc 1. So....is there a way to extract a lm hash from pc 1, using my laptop(BT3)????? I'd appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by ericw75 View Post
    I have two computers on my home network. One is my home PC (1), an the other a laptop (2). I sucessfuly cracked the wep, then did it again after setting my router to wpa. I gained acces to my shared folders, over the network, an i'm able to drop whatever i wish onto pc 1. Now i want to execute the load that's on the pc 1. Right click, run as...windows xp user login pops up. I already know the pass, but i want to get the lm hashes, to properly gain access to pc 1. So....is there a way to extract a lm hash from pc 1, using my laptop(BT3)????? I'd appreciate the help.
    Why do you want to know the LM hash when you already have the password? You know that the LM hash is just an encrypted form of the password don't you?

There are multiple ways to do it though, via Meterpreter hashdump, via any of the pwdump family of tools, via extracting hashes from memory dumps, etc.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.