Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell Wireless 1397 minicard driver not loaded

Here is the solution..
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    Here is the solution..
    Found a few discrepancies with your howto:

1) That howto is for bt4b which uses kernel 2.6.28.1 iirc.. bt4pf now uses kernel 2.6.29.4

2) Broadcom deliberately removed rfmon functionality out of their sta driver but the same case was not applied in window's ndis driver. More information can be found here

3) Its pointless using wl at any rate.. if the broadcom-sta package fails to work you may as well try to replace the minipcie card for a supported one. (Compaq, HP, Lenovo, IBM laptop owners beware that this does not in your cases because your laptop has minipci/minipcie wireless card whitelisting which means that only a handful of wireless cards on the list are supported)

At any rate, I'd sell either the broadcrap card or sell the whole laptop. Not worth pouring in any amounts of effort flying broadcrap flag.

Thanks for the feedback.... I just used my built-in broadcom card once or twice. What's the point of using it when it can't even inject... useless.
    To OP: leave the broadcom for surfing internet & buy a decent USB card for other stuff.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12