Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alfa usb cable question, for owners

Default Alfa usb cable question, for owners

I am ordering an Alfa but the reviews seem to state on the seller's site that the unit sometimes does not come with the y-usb cable.

So....does that mean I'm getting a knockoff? :/

If I buy and it doesn't come with a y-usb...do I need a y cable that has a tiny mini connector, as in a digital camera, or the regular size smaller usb connector on the one end, like a Motorola usb connector?

I can't post links, but if you type in Alfa in Amazon, there are two being sold, one with an extra antenna.

Just burned his ISO

With either of the ones you see listed on amazon you should be getting the y-usb cable. The y cable you want has 2 type A ends(your normal usb) and then one mini end. If you google it you will find what I'm talking about.

Wink Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0|Day View Post
    With either of the ones you see listed on amazon you should be getting the y-usb cable. The y cable you want has 2 type A ends(your normal usb) and then one mini end. If you google it you will find what I'm talking about.
    Thanks It must be a stupid reviewer then who either misplaced his cord or didn't know what he was talking about. I'll be ordering it soon. I guess the end I am thinking of is Mini USB 5 or something like that.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandaili View Post
    Thanks It must be a stupid reviewer then who either misplaced his cord or didn't know what he was talking about. I'll be ordering it soon. I guess the end I am thinking of is Mini USB 5 or something like that.
    Not so fast.
    The older variant of the alfa's used/uses a "y" type cable, the newer ones however do not have the need for it. Adequate power is supplied via a normal usb cable.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Wink Thanks, and new Alfa may be out soon..

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Not so fast.
    The older variant of the alfa's used/uses a "y" type cable, the newer ones however do not have the need for it. Adequate power is supplied via a normal usb cable.
    Thanks so much!

Also I got a note from the people selling the new Alfa (the one that does A as well as B and G) and they say they might be getting version 2 in by next week, although they can't be certain because the date has been pushed before....so now I may just hold out.
    *I'm a girl, not a guy. Why do I care? The same reason a guy would care if he was constantly thought of as a girl...*

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandaili View Post
    Thanks so much!

Also I got a note from the people selling the new Alfa (the one that does A as well as B and G) and they say they might be getting version 2 in by next week, although they can't be certain because the date has been pushed before....so now I may just hold out.
    Try data alliance .
    They are reputable as well as knowledgeable, they may be able to provide more information.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

If I buy and it doesn't come with a y-usb...do I need a y cable that has a tiny mini connector, as in a digital camera, or the regular size smaller usb connector on the one end, like a Motorola usb connector?
    Ok what I was told a few years ago when i bought mine was that usb 1.1 did not have enough power on 1 port to run it. Usb 2 suposedly does. I have a old windows 98 machine I pulled out and ran it on for curiosity. On usb 1.1 with 1 cable it did not have enough power to see more than my network. With the Y cable it performed as normal and saw the other 21-22 that it normally sees with a normal cable.

I normally run this alfa on a belkin 5 wire retractable cable without issue on usb 2. mfgr date was april 8 2002. I know that the one my friend bought earlier this year only came with an in-out cable no Y. My old one does not seem to care either way Y or straight on usb 2.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Not so fast.
    wow i wish i would have none this i got mine from amazon and it came with the single usb cable so i ordered a y cable thinking they where just being cheap so i dont need the y cable? or will it hurt to use it?
    Just your friendly neighborhood cracker

I have an Alfa, when I buy it comes with the y cable. Sometimes I used the Alfa with a normal cable and I noticed that the connection it's a bit more instable than with the Y cable.
    Google is your best friend :D

Mine came without Y USB Cable , it is new . but i have Y cable i don't notice any changes
    Impossible is impossible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast