Thread: CBT Nuggets?

Hybrid View

Default CBT Nuggets?

Has anyone used their training system before? I saw part of some of their older videos earlier, I was wondering how well the system works. Looking at the documentation, they claim that their program not only prepares a person to earn a certification, but by demonstration of a subject, enabling a person to know what they are doing. (My words not theirs.) So, anyone know if its worth it?
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

I used their CCNA, CCNP and CCNA Security videos to pass my certification exams. However, those videos alone will not get you a passing score. Jeremy Cioara, the guy who does the videos for the Cisco Cert's, is an excellent teacher, and keeps your attention through the whole series, but you really need the Cisco Press books to go along with it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

The question is really subjective. I mean what's good for the goose may not be good for the gander.
    If you feel they are valuable or invaluable for your training needs then make the purchase. If you do not care so much to learn from videos then save the money.
    I have used their products for things outside of computer security and have found them to be worth the price.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thank you both for your opinions.
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

Hey SephStorm,

I had won a month of their training :

The Ethical Hacker Network - April 2009 Free Giveaway Winners - CBT Nuggets

Mainly using my free month I've won for my programming interest, I've been watching their Java - SCJP Certification Package videos & it seems a bit outdated. I'm so far not too impressed, rather discouraged at the section on their site. I'd say it's good on the beginning training certs, their CompTIA stuff is up-to-date and that's probably the section I should be viewing. They have a lot of Cisco training videos on there but I've yet to get around to them. It seems like a decent site though.