Thread: Help with dell inspiron 1525 and backtrack (used to ubuntu :D and wifi is not work?)

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Help with dell inspiron 1525 and backtrack (used to ubuntu :D and wifi is not work?)

Hi does anyone have any idea if backtrack 3 runs on a dell inspiron 1525 or do i need bt 4 or what is wrong backtrack 3 cannot see my wi-fi card at all and i dont know what to do i think i need to install the driver for the wi-fi card i will find out what card it is and get back to you.when it didn't show any wi-fi cards so i typed iwconfig in a shell and it came back saying no wireless adapter found or something like that.

please help
    madman530z

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madman530z View Post
    Hi does anyone have any idea if backtrack 3 runs on a dell inspiron 1525
    What did your research tell you? Try it and find out. Or try the hcl here on the forums or at the wiki.

or do i need bt 4 or what is wrong backtrack 3 cannot see my wi-fi card at all and i dont know what to do i think i need to install the driver for the wi-fi card i will find out what card it is and get back to you[/quote]
    I don't know what it is either. lspci will help

.when it didn't show any wi-fi cards so i typed iwconfig in a shell and it came back saying no wireless adapter found or something like that.

please help
    madman530z
    Or just keep using ubuntu since it works for you. It is not hard to compile the tools you may need. Not to mention it is a good learning experience.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by madman530z View Post
    Hi does anyone have any idea if backtrack 3 runs on a dell inspiron 1525 or do i need bt 4 or what is wrong backtrack 3 cannot see my wi-fi card at all and i dont know what to do i think i need to install the driver for the wi-fi card i will find out what card it is and get back to you.when it didn't show any wi-fi cards so i typed iwconfig in a shell and it came back saying no wireless adapter found or something like that.

please help
    madman530z
    Backtrack 3 and backtrack 4 don t work with dell inspiron 1525 because of wireless card that produse by broadcom campany.This card chipset doesn't
    suppost to backtrack.
    You need fistly what do you need or what kind of wireless card do you need?
    there are so much information on the internet and you look for wireless card to ebay and buy one of them
    I bougth atheros chipset AR5008 25 bucks from ebay.You can find the cheapest than that price and different wireless card
    but you need PCI-E tippical wireless card
    good luck!!!