Thread: Help with Hard drive install. Language failed with exit code 10.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Help with Hard drive install. Language failed with exit code 10.

okay so I tried running install.h to do a dual boot hard drive install. I keep getting this prompt that says. "Language failed with exit code 10." I ignored the message and proceeded anyways. It booted up but without sound. What could be some possible bugs or errors this could cause. Here is the syslog which it told me to look at. It says it can not find the map file. Is that the problem. sorry if this is a bit long. Okay so it says i used to many characters. I was trying to put the syslog on here so someone can check it out. ( syslog is too long to post)

This should be of some interest.

No sound after installation.

Search the forums next time. Every question that you might have has already been answered.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Just burned his ISO

I meant to edit that out.I did search the forums and google. But that wasnt my main issue.. My issue was with the language code exit.. I was wondering if that would have any impact.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brad8299 View Post
    I meant to edit that out.I did search the forums and google. But that wasnt my main issue.. My issue was with the language code exit.. I was wondering if that would have any impact.
    None has been reported so far. So keep going. Over at Offensive-security there is a tutorial on using the installer, Mut's and CO. and stated not to worry about it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Start > Settings > System Administration > User managment

(You'l need to resize the window (possibly a bit more from the bottom in order to see "Administrator Mode" button, enter your password, then moddify your account ' Modify > <Your Account Name > Privileges & Groups '

Then Check "Administer The System" and on the second pannel "Audio".

Ok, logout, startx and sound is enabled.
    :cool:
    Alienware M17x - Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300
    Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M GPUs
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    Dual 500GB

Just burned his ISO

I already fixed the sound issue before mfbaranian through some sarcasm my way.. I do understand that the frustration some must go through with people just asking and not researching. The sound wasnt supposed to be my main issue. I had fixed that and edited it out. (Well I thought I had edited it out) before he responded to my post. As some may see the header wasnt "Help NO SOUND!!!!" I was just curious if there were any known bugs or issues with the error/exit code in the installer.. But it seems fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by brad8299 View Post
    I already fixed the sound issue before mfbaranian through some sarcasm my way.. I do understand that the frustration some must go through with people just asking and not researching. The sound wasnt supposed to be my main issue. I had fixed that and edited it out. (Well I thought I had edited it out) before he responded to my post. As some may see the header wasnt "Help NO SOUND!!!!" I was just curious if there were any known bugs or issues with the error/exit code in the installer.. But it seems fine for now.
    I think one of the devs posted not to worry about the language error.

I already fixed the sound issue before mfbaranian through some sarcasm my way..
    Didn't mean to be (and still think I wasn't) sarcastic. I simply pointed you in the direction you have asked for and gave you advice I would give every other newbie, who posts an already answered question.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News