Thread: What is the best 802.11n USB Wifi adapter

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default What is the best 802.11n USB Wifi adapter

I'm look for a replacement to the AWUS050NH because it has been discontinued and had a not so good chipset. Is there anything else that is out there with an external antenna jack that works well with BT?

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/tut...-question.html
    There really are a bunch of threads on this subject. You don't need to open another one.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I guess the new "how do I crack wep" question is "which wireless card should I buy?" Seems to be a hundred of these in the last week or so.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

"which wireless card should I buy?"
    I would rephrase: "With what do I crack the WEP?"
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Just burned his ISO

That, Which Card Should I buy thread, doesn't touch on the wireless N usb cards and if it does, it talks about the Alfa that no longer exists. That's why I opened this one.

Not sure why you say the chipset in the Alfa was not so good. It's the most recommended adapter and many people use it without issues, including myself. Plus B/G networks are still dominant these days.

What did your research tell you about the best 'N' wireless usb adapter ?. Maybe if you listed a card or two you are considering after searching yourself, Someone might be able to give further information. Or just buy a USB "N" adapter you feel is suitable and get it going with BT. That would benefit the community as a whole. Rather then sit and wait for someone else to do all the research and work of testing it with BT.

Just my two cents.

Update: Just noticed you started another thread asking more or less the same thing. Seems you received a good answer: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/wir...-good-bad.html