Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hack windows server?

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    You could likely bruteforce it, though being able to do so would point to an obvious flaw in your password policy. Again you have physical access so why bother with remote desktop?
    Not only that, but with physical access just boot off of a livecd that contains password recovery tools, wipe the admin pass then give it one of your own. Challenge done.

You can send me half your bonus since I gave you the clue in to using password recovery tools thanks....

JT

Spoonfeeder!
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Damn Thorin.. you just spoiled the waters of my fishing trip!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by junkiethumbs View Post
    Damn Thorin.. you just spoiled the waters of my fishing trip!
    Actually you did.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

hi guys, i know this is a pretty late thread already, but i was googling and came across this thread. It happens that I have the same situation as the thread starter.
    Its a project in my school and likewise, we have a server to hack into.

The thing is, my lecturer doesnt allow us to touch the server or he will fail us. Our job is to find a way to hack into the server and we already know the IP address..Can anyone help me? I've never done anything of these sorts before.

Quote Originally Posted by excpro View Post
    The thing is, my lecturer doesnt allow us to touch the server or he will fail us.
    Then you should start studying...

I've never done anything of these sorts before.
    So, your teacher just likes to give you projects without giving you enough support? Try harder...

hi guys, i know this is a pretty late thread already, but i was googling and came across this thread. It happens that I have the same situation as the thread starter.
    Its a project in my school and likewise, we have a server to hack into.

The thing is, my lecturer doesnt allow us to touch the server or he will fail us. Our job is to find a way to hack into the server and we already know the IP address..Can anyone help me? I've never done anything of these sorts before.
    What type of class is this? As Snayler mentioned it seems very unusual that the teacher would give an assignment like this without giving you some guidance on how to proceed.

If the only thing you can think of is to try and crack the administrator password, you should be able to find a number of guides and tools to do it via searching. There's even a very comprehensive HowTo on password cracking on the new BackTrack forums (hint).
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

oh wells, i think they want us to research these stuffs on our own i guess... hey lupin thanks for the hint i gonna go look at it now.. =D

i am researching it still...and i came across this site...so i decided to ask u guys...as stated in my first post. haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12