Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, packet injection

Just burned his ISO

Default Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, packet injection

Hey, the wireless driver for the Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG in BT4 Pre does not inject packets properly. I run airodump-ng and start all of that up but when i got to aireplay-ng -3 it starts sending packets after it gets a ARP request however they never go up it just keeps reading and sending packets but does not work how it normally does.

BT4 Beta works fine,

anyone else had any problems with the updated drivers in BT4 Pre? and anyone fixed the problem?

I just think it is a little odd how that is the only thing that does not work, everything else works how it normally does it is just that one thing.

Thanks

agreed. i have the same card and its doing the same thing. the packets fly but the data packets go up by like 1 or 2 a second, even less sometimes.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

mine dont even go up 1 or 2 lol mine just sit at 0 not moving, which is really odd casue the in BT4 Beta it all works fine

Did you successfully associate with the AP? If not, you can send all the packets you want, but the AP will not recognize them.

I believe the 3945AGB was having similar problems as the 4965AGN card. Perhaps read my post here, which is a summary of that entire thread.

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4beta-working-hardware/20119-4965-agn-14.html

Just burned his ISO

YE it associate with the AP fine, the only thing that does not work is it does not generate any data it just reads and sends packets like i said. however in BT4 Beta it works fine

Same here also tried wepbuster with no success. Live install on Toshiba M7. if i boot of a BT4 Beta cd it all works fine.

Just burned his ISO

I am going to roll back the driver later to the same one as BT4 Beta also roll back airodump-ng to 1.0 rc2 r1385 that way everything will match what it was on BT4 Beta.

Bt4 Pre
    Driver - iwlwifi-3945-2.ucode
    1.2.26kds

airodump-ng 1.0 Rc3 r1552

Bt4 Beta
    iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode

airodump-ng 1.0 Rc2 r1385

Quote Originally Posted by warship45 View Post
    I am going to roll back the driver later to the same one as BT4 Beta also roll back airodump-ng to 1.0 rc2 r1385 that way everything will match what it was on BT4 Beta.

Bt4 Pre
    1.2.26kds

Bt4 Beta
    iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode

first roll back to the bt4beta driver and try injection if it works, if it still doesnt work then roll back aircrack-ng suite. that would make it easier to trouble shoot.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by warship45 View Post

Bt4 Pre
    1.2.26kds

Bt4 Beta
    iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode

Just to clarify, iwlwifi-3945*.ucode is *not* a driver. The ucode is the firmware that is used in conjunction with the driver that resides in the kernel. If you role back the ucode from a *-2.ucode version to a *-1.ucode version, then I believe you will get a version mismatch and dmesg will give you an error message that it can't find the iwlwifi-3945-2.ucode. You would have to roll back the driver in order to use it with the iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode. Good luck on that.

The easiest thing to try would be just to roll back aircrack-ng to a previous version.

I've had problems with aircrack-ng 1.0 rc3 and rc4 in conjunction with airoscript. So I'm not sure if it is an airoscript or aircrack-ng problem. Also, I also use the ilwifi-3945 card as well.

Just burned his ISO

i rolled back aircrack-ng first then tryed it with the lastest version and it made no diffrence, i am trying to find an old version of the driver that was used in BT beta but i am not having much luck with it all of the drivers that i try seem to be the same version as the one already in BT4 Pre.

Anyone know how i can get hold of the driver from BT4 Beta?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast