Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Netbook for Backtrack 4

I have used several, netbooks, notebooks and laptops and really have no preference beyond usual system specs (processor, RAM etc). I use BT4 on VMWARE workstation and for wireless I use Alfa 500mw usb adapter so never have any issues with drivers for the adapter. I've even found no problems going from XP to Windows 7 (never took to Vista at all).

Quote Originally Posted by manulu View Post
    yo tengo una acer aspire one 150 y funciona todo exepto los botones de bajar el volumen pero todo lo demas creo que funciona no he inyectado trafico pero si puedo decir que mi propia contrase~a la consigio "arreglando el diccionario" a 9 min eso si la falta de procesadores para romper wpa2 la limita pero por todo lo demas todo bien

English translation

There will not be an English translation

I have an acer aspire one 150 and everything works exept the volume down buttons but everything else I do not think it works but if I can inject traffic that my own password consigio ~ to "fixing the dictionary" to 9 min that if the lack of WPA2 processors to break the limits but everything else all good

Just burned his ISO

I've been using an Asus 1005ha in conjunction with a desktop.

The netbook worked fine with a standard install. It needed nothing except for a new wired ethernet driver... the wireless one seems to work fine and injection does work. It's great for taking along to locations and doing de-auths to catch the wpa handshakes... for the real grunt-work I take the files back and run them through my desktop.

I'd definetly recommend that model Asus. From experience I can say it works wonderfully with BT4 as long as it isn't used for tasks that tax its computational power.... you'll definetly need a desktop for most things.

It really is great though for the size / battery life / ease-of-use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123