Thread: Unable to use Hamster in EEEPC 701 (BT4 Prefinal)

Default Unable to use Hamster in EEEPC 701 (BT4 Prefinal)

Victim is vista home edition using firefox 3.5 (also tested with ie 8.0). Attacker is EEEPC 701, BT4 prefinal SD installation. Here is what I'm doing:

1. K Menu>Backtrack>Privilege Escalation>Sniffers>Hamster

2. Firefox>Edit>Preferences>Advanced Tab>Network Tab>Settings>Manual proxy configuration>HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 on Port: 1234>Ticked 'Use this proxy server for all protocols'

3. Browsed to http://hamster>selected my network adapter

4. Hamster should start receiving packets and should display the targets.

Well, it's receiving packets but not displaying the targets. Does anybody having same problem? Do I need to add any more steps? Thanks for your time.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

I'll bet you've checked this out already. If not:

HiR Information Report: Evil WiFi Part 1: Jasager/Fonera Setup
    HiR Information Report: Evil WiFi Part 2: Metasploit Framework Setup
    HiR Information Report: Evil Wifi Part 3: Hamster & Ferret

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but you may find it useful.
    "Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Thanks for the links and yes I'm not trying to use Jasager now, may be later. In my case, attacker & victim both are on same AP. As I'm on a switched network, I'm using ettercap for ARP poisoning before the steps I mentioned in my first post.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein