Thread: Backtrack 3 on CD, boots to black screen

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3 on CD, boots to black screen

I downloaded Backtrack 3 and burned it to a CD. When I restarted my computer it tired to boot it. It asked me what I wanted to boot it as (text, graphics, etc.), then did 2 things and the screen went black. I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer to the problem in the posts I looked at.

So what do I do?

Just burned his ISO

I tried to run it a few more times and I pressed random buttons (well all the buttons including the power button) and I got some screen that told me something about the computer starting up and that a pressed the power button but it wouldn't let me type in it. The Backtrack 3 logo was above the window with the text.

You can start by making sure you have a good iso. Have you tried it on another computer? Did you verify the md5 after download? A quick way to check is load the iso in VMware.

prowl3r

Frankie, so you got a blank screen and decided to randomly press all sort of buttons including the power one ?

Thanks God it is not a C4 detonation system.

Please, note the messages and errors you get and post them here together with your computer model and graphics card, so we can try to understand what's going on.