Thread: Alfa AWUS036H Clone 500mW USB Txpower setting driving me crazy..

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Alfa AWUS036H Clone 500mW USB Txpower setting driving me crazy..

Hi...I am new to this forum..I hope someone knowledgeable can help me.. I have been trying for 4 days to set Txpower on an alfa AWU036H Clone ..It's a Palm 500mW usb adapter with RTL8187L chipset Txpower search this forum up and down with no results... I have used "iwlist wlan0 txpower...I received tx-power= 9dbm ..(7mw)..then I typed in "iwpriv wlan0 highpower 1" I then get an error that highpower is not a command...I tried "iwconfig wlan0 txpower 20" I get.."error for wireless request.."set tx power (8B26): set failed on device wlan0:Invalid argument"..??? so I tried "iwpriv wlan0" lists highpower as an available private ioctl. After the private protocols are displayed ..I am lost..What are the commands should I use?..I cant seem to change the Txpower level on this device..I would appreciate any help

prowl3r

You might want to search the forum for r8187 driver instead of rtl8187.

Good luck

i think you will find this thread helpful: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/wir...-tx-power.html

searching without any refinement is pretty pointless, unless you like reading unrelated threads ad nauseum.

good luck
    -c

prowl3r

searching without any refinement is pretty pointless, unless you like reading unrelated threads ad nauseum.
    Well in my opinion searching is an art, and probably the most important skill to master for someone working with computers.

Following advised hyperlinks is just effortless.