Thread: Hiding HTML Code?

Default Hiding HTML Code?

greetings,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a free solution to hide the source code of web pages. This is not for any nefarious reason, but after being a member of a website that was constantly being hit with SQL attacks, and the knowledge that code on my website can be infected with rouge code, I believe that closing that door would at least act as a deterrent for script kiddies, and the non dedicated.

I am aware of one program, WebCrypt Pro, Which supposedly encrypts the code, but I am looking for a free alternative, preferably html/javascript or other code I could use. The website is being hosted on a free web hosting service, so I may be limited, but I welcome knowledge of any solution, even if I cannot implement it.
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    greetings,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a free solution to hide the source code of web pages. This is not for any nefarious reason, but after being a member of a website that was constantly being hit with SQL attacks, and the knowledge that code on my website can be infected with rouge code, I believe that closing that door would at least act as a deterrent for script kiddies, and the non dedicated.

I am aware of one program, WebCrypt Pro, Which supposedly encrypts the code, but I am looking for a free alternative, preferably html/javascript or other code I could use. The website is being hosted on a free web hosting service, so I may be limited, but I welcome knowledge of any solution, even if I cannot implement it.
    Hiding it would be the equivalent of "security through obscurity", it is wiser to learn how to write good code.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I agree, however, all the code is basic. images, text and a table. All done through FrontPage(Damn MS for getting rid of it). The website I was at had to redo the entire two domains, in PHP. While I would love to learn PHP in the future, the time is not now.
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

I've used this site in the past:

HTML Encrypter

Not sure if it's what your looking for but it gets the job done on my end.