Thread: Installation problem with BackTrack 4!

Just burned his ISO

Default Installation problem with BackTrack 4!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have a few doubts, I am Hispanic so I apologize for my bad English, I said I like a lot more now and BackTrack is based on Ubuntu, first download BackTrack 4 and turned him into a LiveUSB to install it from the PenDrive.

Until it all right now I have Ubuntu 9.4 on my hard drive into three partitions, the Swat, Raiz and Home. When LiveUSB the boot and start the Ubiquity tells you format a rail "" and leave intact the "Home" and it all starts untimo normal lelva when I pulled a 89% error, which says that Ubiquity produces and error reporting the bug, when I select a guided installation also gives me error, the question is whether there is a way to install BackTrack 4 without using Ubiquity? First thank you very much to hand ... Salu2 ...

so you have a swap, root and home partition?

You still want a Ubuntu installation, so you want to have a dual boot?

You run the installer and on 89% you get an error, right?

Why did you first make a usb boot?
    Auswaertsspiel

Just burned his ISO

I have three partitions for an exchange, another home and the last root, this is not to lose my data, and only modify root, do not have ubuntu so I wanted to replace the root partition of ubuntu by leaving BackTrack Home play not to lose data, if indeed the 89% mark the error, what I was thinking was to format my root "/" with QTparted and then try to install it will it work?

Finally LiveUSB the boot from the install, because I have problems with my CDRom XD, but I have no deveria problem, do you recommend I do?

Just burned his ISO

Thanks to those who sought help in the solution of the problem with the installation of BackTrack 4, the problem was that it was installing the wrong partition, are said to be because of their knowledge.