Thread: Backtrack 3 Live won't start in windows vista 64-bit?

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3 Live won't start in windows vista 64-bit?

Hi, after downloading backtrack 3 live cd (took sooo long) anyways, i mount the iso then try to double click on bt3.bat....it tells me this program or feature loadlin.exe cannot start due to 64 bit versions of windows.

Is it a corrupted file or is it just i have to install windows vista 32 bit?

try putting your computer back in the box
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by zijin_cheng View Post
    Hi, after downloading backtrack 3 live cd (took sooo long) anyways, i mount the iso then try to double click on bt3.bat....it tells me this program or feature loadlin.exe cannot start due to 64 bit versions of windows.

Is it a corrupted file or is it just i have to install windows vista 32 bit?
    backtrack is a linux operating system.. its not a program for windows ....
    maybe you should try learning what is operating system then try using it...

Or put ur computer back into its box if you are trying to hack some network for the first time and someone said u backtrack is good for it..

ur lucky if the mods doesnt move this to idiot's corner.. but...

Just burned his ISO

What, oh nvm, thanks for being nice guys, anyways, i thought that livecd meant it automatically created a virtual environment for you....

now another problem, i vmplayered it and i get it nicely with my much needed gui and everything, but it doesn't detect my usb wireless or my intel wifi 5100, if i boot from usb or cd, it doesn't detect my wireless intel 5100 either. i tried starting airmon-ng wlan0 but it didn't work

does that mean i have to reformat and partition like 1gb just to install backtrack?