I discovered this excellent post from f3lix @ techaccesstips.blogspot. It is very easy to follow and works perfectly. VMWare 6.5.1
1. Download the BT3 VM from remote-exploit and unzip.
2. Power on the VM and verify everything is working correctly.
3. Open up terminal and make a directory under /mnt called hdc
4. Now go to the tool bar VM > Install VMware Tools.
5. Click Install and a window should appear saying that media has been detected. Select Open in New Window.
6. Drag and drop the VMwareTools-1.0.6-91891.i386.tar.gz file to your desktop or desired folder.
7. CD into the proper folder (in my case its Desktop).
8. Then untar the file.
tar xvzf VMwareTools-1.0.6-91891.i386.tar.gz
9. CD into the newly created vmware-tools-distrib folder.
10. Execute vmware-install.pl
11. Leave all the defaults, pressing enter at every prompt.
12. When completed, configure vmtools by executing vmware-config-tools.pl. Leave all the defaults. Then add the following start up script to the ~/.kde/Autostart directory (it will be hidden).
echo "/usr/bin/vmware-toolbox --minimize"> ~/.kde/Autostart/vmware-toolbox.sh
13. Press enter then make it executable
chmod +x ~/.kde/Autostart/vmware-toolbox.sh
14. Now restart your VM and the next time you boot you should be able to drag your mouse seamlessly within the BT VM and your native OS.
Thank you for pointing that out Tron. I just omitted that part of the post.
hello friends !!
im using the new version of vmware 6.5 im a little cunfused ..
does the vmware tools work on 6.5 version ?
do i have to get the vmware iso for it ?
i usally boot my vm from a bt3 iso (not vmware version )
and i cant drag and drop files
can the vmware tools work on 6.5 ??
If you use the ISO you must boot from ISO and after install it....
I have installed the normal ISO..I do not know if the VMware-ISO have installed the WMWare-tools.. i think no
yes the VMware-Tools work on 6.5..
well im booting from the iso on my desktop not a cd
when i try to install vmwaretools he gives me orders to go to the vm drive and un - tar somthing
what is the correct steps to install ?
am i skiiping or missing a step ?
thank you !
have you first install right BT3 on VMWare.. ore boot you somtimes from the ISO..?
Install first right.. then read "cliffyb1" post to install the tools..
or look here my post:
It works like a charm, only step 12 a lil' bit confusing.
Thanks a lot, for your exppertise.
actualy you can install the vmware tools even though you only used the cd install.........install the BT3 cd version in vmware workstation used any guide how to install BT3 in vmware after that download the defualt kernel.lzm in bt3 posted above on this thread by purehate..............then install it after you install the defualt kernel install the vmware tools by clicking the vm toolbar then click install vmware tools.......now copy the vm....tar.gz extract it cd to the extracted vmware tool folder then excute the in guide 10 by cliffyb1 after you execute let the vmware tools to the rest...........
Thank you for this posting! I've researched on this for a while and could not find the accurate info to install the VMware tools in BT3F.I could not find the damn vmware tools for Linux.
Thanks to you, I was able to do it!
About VMware 6.5: yes it works. If you get the VMware package from this site,it will work just fine in VMware. I've never had a problem getting it to work!
Thanks again, cliffyb1.