Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tripple Boot Partition Question

Default Triple Boot Partition Question

Has anyone created a triple boot system yet (i.e Windows, BT3, BT4)? If so... any advise?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chmod View Post
    Has anyone created a triple boot system yet (i.e Windows, BT3, BT4)? If so... any advise?
    And then you wonder with posts like this why people get cranky.
    A perfect example of not being able to search, but apparently can take time to make a post.
    Not to mention why would you want to use outdated software that is no longer really maintained and is full of security holes?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Figures.
    Here's an idea. Why don't we just ask the mods to delete all the threads on the forum on a monthly basis. At least I won't be "Cranky" when people don't search for themselves 'cause there won't be anything to search for.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Just burned his ISO

Hard disk partitioning, Grub configuration, Common sense.

Go search

Haha... I got a similar response when I asked too, lol. Honestly though guys, the info on here is sometimes really cryptic to new people. You could try and be a little nicer.

Anyway, just some advice though, chmod, unless you've got a huge hard drive (500+ gigs) and a lot of time to mess with a boot loader, it isn't worth it. I got it going with Vista, Ubuntu, and BT4. It was a pain in the neck and I never really quite got everything figured out. I ended up just wiping my hard drive, giving windows the whole thing back and I am looking into getting a netbook to put BT4 on. A dual boot will work better if you're still insisting on doing it, there is no need to put BT3 and BT4 on there, use one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Polorboy View Post
    Haha... I got a similar response when I asked too, lol. Honestly though guys, the info on here is sometimes really cryptic to new people. You could try and be a little nicer.
    You would fully understand the context if you had read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by #mfBaranian# View Post
    You would fully understand the context if you had read this thread.
    #mfBaranian# is pissed cause I called him cranky. Seriously, dude you need to take it down a notch. He's turning all posts into his own personal venting grounds, never sticks to the topic or answers a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Polorboy View Post

Anyway, just some advice though, chmod, unless you've got a huge hard drive (500+ gigs) and a lot of time to mess with a boot loader, it isn't worth it. I got it going with Vista, Ubuntu, and BT4. It was a pain in the neck and I never really quite got everything figured out. I ended up just wiping my hard drive, giving windows the whole thing back and I am looking into getting a netbook to put BT4 on. A dual boot will work better if you're still insisting on doing it, there is no need to put BT3 and BT4 on there, use one or the other.
    Thanks for the tips Polorboy. It seems some people have so many issues in their own lives they have to take it out on others on the internet cause they know they wouldn't stand a chance in RL confronting and speaking to people in person the way they do here.

On the topic, I did install Vista and BT4 duel boot np. The issue I am having is that BT4's RTL8187 drivers are not fully compatible in BT4, i.e. missing a little functionality. Injection is not perfected, aircrack-ng suite doesn't seem to work fully.. etc etc. So thus is why I use BT3 and BT4. I have two 120gb HD's in my laptop. One is used for Vista, the other is partitioned out and being used for BT4 and BT3. I can currently select Vista and BT4 from the grub menu, but not BT3. I've tried configuring menu.lst in grub, but can not manage to get the settings right. Maybe I'm missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by chmod View Post
    Thanks for the tips Polorboy. It seems some people have so many issues in their own lives they have to take it out on others on the internet cause they know they wouldn't stand a chance in RL confronting and speaking to people in person the way they do here.
    Oh so we have a psychic here. Well fortune teller, why don't you just use your powers to solve your problems then. And while you're at it try placing your alfa on top of the crystal bowl. I heard it helps injection.

(I apologize to the mods for bordering or braking the forum rules)

Oh so we have a psychic here
    Where in my statement did I try to tell the future of you or someone else? And where did I mention anyone's name specifically. You seriously need to come down from your horse and stick to the topic.

(I apologize to the mods for bordering or braking the forum rules)
    Stupidity or ignorance is not an excuse for breaking laws or rules. It's nice of you to share with us that you are in-fact one of those people that thinks it is OK for you to do it 'just this once' while some people do it once and get banned for it. And you added what knowledge or insight to the problem of this topic, where??? Great job!

Admins please close this none productive hijacked thread. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast